Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Report of the Secretary-General on Situation in Abyei (S/2018/923) [EN/AR]
- Norway’s envoy discusses peace roadmap in Khartoum
- Report of the Secretary-General on the African Union-United Nations Hybrid Operation in Darfur (S/2018/912) [EN/AR]
- Joint Mission Chief Outlines Concept for Supporting Consolidation of Stability as Security Council Considers Darfur
- Sudan: Population & Operational Update: South Sudanese Refugee Response (1-30 September 2018)
Survey finds sharp rise in killings over land and forests as Rio talks open
New figures collected by Global Witness on the killings of activists, journalists and community members who were defending rights to land and forests show the true, shocking extent of competition for access to natural resources. The briefing, A Hidden Crisis?, finds that over 711 people appear to have been killed in the last decade – more than one a week. In 2011 the toll was 106 people, almost doubling over the past three years.
General Assembly President Joseph Deiss (Switzerland) expressed worries today over the escalation of violence and mayhem in Côte d'Ivoire resulting from Laurent Gbagbo's refusal to step down after losing that West African nation's November presidential election to Alassane Ouattara.
"I express my deep concern in relation to the situation in Côte d'Ivoire about the deteriorating situation on the ground," Mr. Deiss said at a Headquarters news conference called to outline the Assembly's priorities for the coming period.
In response to the ongoing global food crisis, the Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) continues to combat hunger through immediate and long-term food security solutions, which are supporting and sustaining hundreds of thousands of vulnerable and impoverished households worldwide.
On October 11, ADRA facilitated and coordinated a food distribution drive to feed one million people.