Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Chikungunya fever spreading in Sudan’s Nile basin
- Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 15 | 6 – 19 August 2018
- Sudan: Nutrition Response Update: South Sudanese Refugee Response (September 2018)
- Sudan: Population Dashboards - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 31 August 2018)
- JMEC calls for women participation of South Sudan peace implementation process
by Jacquie Kiggundu, Junior Professional Consultant and Research Assistant
SUDANESE PRESIDENT RESPONDS TO LETTER OUTLINING U.N. SUPPORT FOR AFRICAN UNION PEACEKEEPING EFFORTS IN DARFUR
On 24 January 2007, the Secretary-General and the Chairperson of the African Union Commission, Alpha Oumar Konaré, sent identical letters to the President of Sudan, Omer Hassan Ahmed El Bashir, which transmitted details of the United Nations "Heavy Package" of support for the African Union peacekeeping efforts in Darfur, Sudan.
Yesterday afternoon, the Secretary-General received a reply from President Bashir, dated 6 March.
The United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) has furnished $241 million to help provide relief to disaster-hit areas in some 30 countries since its establishment nine months ago, the world body's Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) announced today.
Of the total, $164 million was disbursed from the rapid response facility for new or rapidly deteriorating emergencies in 24 countries. An additional $77 million from funds earmarked for under-funded emergencies was distributed across 16 countries.