Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- SUDAN - South West of Sudan and North-East South-Sudan - OCBA projects
- 400 Ethiopian refugees arrive in Sudan following ethnic clashes: official
- Sudan: Humanitarian Funds come together to help people support themselves
- Sudan: Population Dashboard - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 31 October 2018)
- Security Council Adopts Resolution 2445 (2018), Extending Mandate of United Nations Interim Security Force in Abyei
Describing the lack of water and sanitation for billions of people around the world as a humanitarian tragedy and an affront to human dignity, a former President of the General Assembly urged donor countries this afternoon to scale up investment in both.
"It's in fact a human right to have water," Jan Eliasson, President of the Assembly's sixtieth session, said at a Headquarters press conference to celebrate World Water Day.
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
High-Level Event on Water
- Focus Haiti: Humanitarian assistance to more than 300,000 people
- ACTED involved in the national vaccination campaign in Tajikistan
- Behavior change: a long term commitment (Sudan)
- Fishermen set sail from Gunungsitoli under blue skies (Indonesia)
- Building towards the future: Small businesses make a big impact (Uganda)
- Tajik farmers visit Burgundy (France-Tajikistan)
- Farming in a time of drought (occupied Palestinian Territories)
- From a Congo to another: ACTED in support of the Likouala refugees (Congo Brazzaville)
- Rebuilding livelihoods …
This Programme Update is intended for reporting on Annual Appeals.
Appeal Target CHF 10,000,000
Period covered: July - September, 2001.
"At a Glance"
Appeal coverage: 62.5%
Related Appeals: N/A
Outstanding needs: CHF 3,754,571
Press Release - GA/9665
Deeply concerned about the fact that natural disasters continued to claim high numbers of casualties and cause immense material damage globally, and that the frequency and magnitude of such catastrophes were an ever increasing material and moral burden to States, the General Assembly this morning asked the Secretary-General, through the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, to formulate the modalities for the utilization of the Standby Disaster Response Unit by the relevant agencies of the United Nations system.