OCHA - Situation Report - Highlights ()
- In Sudan, a COVID-19 SAFE School Kit was developed to allow schools to open safely during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Nearly 55% of schools do not have access to improved water and 49% do not have access to improved sanitation, according to a recent survey.
- The World Bank provides an additional $420 million for the second phase of the Sudan Family Support Programme, the Thamarat Program.
- The Sudan Family Support Programme is designed to support Sudanese families affected by the ongoing economic crisis which has been compounded by economic reforms.
- UNHCR launches the 2021 inter-agency refugee appeal requesting $574 million to assist over one million refugees in Sudan.
KEY POINTS The security situation in Ag Geneina town remains calm Protection of civilians is a top priority, reports of sexual violence Over 1,800 people have fled to Chad Head of the Sovereignty...
KEY POINTS The situation is calmer, no fighting reported over the past three days There are reportedly 51 new gathering points in Ag Geneina town, bringing the total to 135 Commercial flights and...
HIGHLIGHTS In Sudan, a COVID-19 SAFE School Kit was developed to allow schools to open safely during the coronavirus pandemic. Nearly 55% of schools do not have access to improved water and 49% do...