Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Report of the Secretary-General on the African Union-United Nations Hybrid Operation in Darfur (S/2018/912) [EN/AR]
- African Union mediator to consult Sudanese opposition over peace roadmap
- Sudan: East Darfur Population Dashboard - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 30 Sep 2018)
- Chikungunya fever spreading in Sudan’s Nile basin
- WFP Sudan Country Brief, September 2018
• 2,698 refugees and migrants arrived: 2,668 from fYRo Macedonia and 30 from Bulgaria.
• 4,164 asylum-seekers departed to Croatia.
• 3,893 asylum seekers were registered on 11 December, 4,298 on 12 December and 3,322 on 13 December, bringing the total for 2015 to 528,477.
Gender equality and post-conflict funding: What is the problem?
Crisis increases women's and men's economic and social burdens.
New report examines conflicts in four countries and shows financing for gender equality fell far short of addressing critical gender gaps
New York -- Commemorating 10 years since the United Nations adopted its first resolution on women, peace and security, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) released a report Monday showing how women's needs are not being met in post-conflict recovery and reconstruction.
According to the report entitled "The Price of Peace: Financing for Gender …
The status of Kosovo, turbulence in the Middle East, piracy off the coast of Somalia and peacekeeping were among the major areas to be considered by the Security Council during the Russian Federation's presidency in August, Vitaly Churkin, that country's Permanent Representative, said at a Headquarters press conference today.
Mr. Churkin said the Council, at Lebanon's request, held a private meeting today to discuss the exchange of fire between Israel and Lebanon earlier in the day along the so-called Blue Line separating the two countries.
DAKAR, 30 juillet 2010 (IRIN) - A l'heure o=F9 le « système » humanitaire se complique, avec l'arrivée de nouveaux acteurs et le recoupement des mandats, les différentes définitions de l'aide humanitaire, et des objectifs toujours plus ambitieux, Development Initiatives [http://www.devinit.org/], organisme de surveillance de l'aide humanitaire, présente certaines tendances observées ces 10 dernières années en matière de besoins, d'interventions et de financements dans son rapport 2010 sur …
By: Roberta Cohen
The concept of the responsibility to protect (R2P) developed in large measure from efforts to design an international system to protect internally displaced persons (IDPs).
The explosion of civil wars emanating from and following the Cold War brought into view millions of persons inside their own countries who were uprooted from their homes and in need of international protection and assistance. Many had little or no access to food, medicine or shelter and were vulnerable to assault, sexual violence, and all manner of human rights abuse.
SIPRI Fact Sheet July 2009
-- Personnel deployments to multilateral peace operations reached a record high of 187 586 in 2008.
- Around 88 % of all personnel deployed were troops or military observers.
- Civilian personnel numbers doubled between 2003 and 2008 to reach their highest recorded level of c.
The long-running debate about whether seeking justice for grave international crimes interferes with prospects for peace has intensified as the possibility of national leaders being brought to trial for human rights violations becomes more likely. The International Criminal Court (ICC) at The Hague, which is mandated to investigate and prosecute war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide, has already issued its first arrest warrant for a sitting head of state-Sudan's president Omar al-Bashir.
Church World Service is accepting contributions for Hurricane Dean response in Mexico, and will be supporting response and recovery efforts undertaken by some of our member denominations that have churches there. We expect to share details of those response efforts, and issue an appeal for assistance, in the days ahead.
On August 15, an earthquake measuring 8.0 on the Richter scale hit the region of Ica, along the south central coast of Peru, killing more than 500 people and destroying or damaging tens of thousands of homes and other buildings.
BAN KI-MOON TO LEAVE FOR MIDDLE EAST
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will leave this week for Egypt, the Occupied Palestinian territories, Israel, Jordan and elsewhere in the Middle East. On the 28th, he will attend the Arab Summit in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia before departing for Beirut, Lebanon.