Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- The Emergency Transit Centres were established to provide emergency protection and the possibility to evacuate refugees who could not be protected in their countries of asylum. Temporary relocation of refugees who required resettlement on an urgent or emergency basis to an Evacuation Transit Facility (ETF) was expected to serve five objectives, namely:
Provide timely and effective protection to an individual or group of individuals of concern to UNHCR;
TIMISOARA, Romania, 19 August (UNHCR) – After almost two years in a harsh desert camp on the Egyptian-Libyan border, Mohamed arrived in Timisoara's Emergency Transit Centre. Although the ETC is only a temporary stop while Mohamed, a 28-year-old Sudanese, and other refugees await moves to new homes in other countries, it is a welcome santuary.
"I was so happy to get here," said Mohamed, a former veterinary student forced to leave his family behind in the war-torn Darfur region of Sudan. "I felt safe! There is water, food and a peaceful place to sleep."