Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Reports of excessive force against Sudan protests deeply worrying – Bachelet
- Sudan: Population Dashboard - Refugees and Asylum-seekers as of 31 Dec 2018
- Sudan: Voluntary Repatriation Dashboard - Sudanese refugee returnees from Chad as of 31 October 2018
- Sudan: East Sudan New Arrival Dashboard as of 31 December 2018
- Sudan: UN experts urge halt to excessive use of force against peaceful protesters
The United Nations advocate for children caught up in armed conflict today highlighted the special challenges facing young people uprooted within their own countries by war, stressing the need to ensure that they are protected and their rights are ensured.
"There is no child in the world today more vulnerable than a child internally displaced by armed conflict, forced to leave home and community behind," the Secretary-General's Special Representative for Children and Armed Conflict,
Five actual or potential conflict situations around the world deteriorated and one improved in April 2010, according to the new issue of the International Crisis Group's monthly bulletin CrisisWatch, released today.
Soldiers and protesters clashed in Bangkok in the worst violence to hit the Thai capital in almost two decades. At least 26 people, mostly Red Shirt protesters, have so far been killed in the fighting and the city remains tense. The Red Shirts are demanding the immediate dissolution of parliament and swift new elections but Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has refused.
Dix ans après que la communauté internationale se soit engagée à éliminer le fléau des mines antipersonnel, les Nations Unies peuvent se prévaloir de plusieurs réalisations collectives : les mines et les restes explosifs de guerre font de moins en moins de victimes; plusieurs aspects essentiels d'un cadre juridique international renforcé ont été mis en oeuvre; on a expressément reconnu l'importance de l'égalité des sexes et des droits des personnes handicapées dans l'ensemble du domaine de la lutte antimines; et les nombreux partenaires engagés dans la …
PRESS CONFERENCE, MARCH 14, UN PRESS ROOM, 11:15-11:45AM
GENEVA, March 22 (UNHCR) - On the occasion of World Water Day, Acting High Commissioner Wendy Chamberlin called on UNHCR staff to "redouble efforts" to improve services to provide clean water to refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.
"Our protection goals are to ensure that refugees' fundamental rights are respected, including their access to water," Chamberlin said in a message to all UNHCR staff.