Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- 400 Ethiopian refugees arrive in Sudan following ethnic clashes: official
- Sudan: Humanitarian Funds come together to help people support themselves
- SUDAN - South West of Sudan and North-East South-Sudan - OCBA projects
- Sudan: Population Dashboard - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 31 October 2018)
- Security Council Adopts Resolution 2445 (2018), Extending Mandate of United Nations Interim Security Force in Abyei
As of 22 July 2009, 23:00 hours, Cairo
time, 952 laboratory-confirmed cases of Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 have been
reported to WHO Regional Office by 19 Member States of WHO Eastern Mediterranean
Region. A total of 262of these reported cases were locally transmitted.
There is one related death reported from Egypt on 19 July 2009.
Since the last reporting period, an additional 62 laboratory-confirmed cases of Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 were reported from 6 Member States: Bahrain (8), Iran (13), Kuwait (1), Oman (6), Palestine (2) and United Arab Emirates (32).
In the past week, Desert Locust control operations have declined by about 50% in Morocco and 20% in Algeria. Immature swarms persist in northeast Morocco and in some inaccessible valleys in the Atlas Mountains. Similar populations are present in northern Algeria.
The threat of desert locusts in West and Northwest Africa remains "extremely serious", FAO warned today.
27 April 2004, Rome - Despite intensive control efforts, the threat of desert locusts Northwest Africa remains "extremely serious", FAO warned today.
"Widespread laying, hatching and band formation are in progress in the spring breeding of the Atlas Mountains in Morocco and Algeria," said Keith Cressman, FAO Locust Officer.
Data Sources: United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, United Nations Environment Programme, Population Action International