Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Sudan: Humanitarian Snapshot (As of 01 December 2018)
- WFP Sudan Country Brief, November 2018
- Violations of Rome Statute Likely to Continue as States Fail to Arrest Fugitives Indicted over Crimes in Darfur, Chief Prosecutor Warns Security Council
- Statement Following the AUHIP’s Consultations on the Roadmap Agreement
- Active USG Programs for the Sudan Response - Darfur (Last updated: 12/14/18)
In March, the Mixed Migration Monitoring Mechanism Initiative (4Mi) conducted 294 in-depth interviews with migrants and refugees in West Africa, including 95 people in Agadez and Niamey in Niger; and 199 people in Mopti, Gao, Ber and Timbuktu in Mali.
In March, 173 men and 121 women from 20 countries in Central and Western Africa were interviewed, with an average age of 29 years.
In January, the Mixed Migration Monitoring Mechanism Initiative (4Mi) conducted 119 in-depth interviews with migrants and refugees in West Africa, including 44 people in Agadez and Niamey in Niger and 75 people in Mopti, Gao, Ber and Timbuktu in Mali.
In January, 78 men and 41 women from 12 countries in Central and Western Africa were interviewed, with an average age of 27 years.
Insights from the Mixed Migration Monitoring Mechanism initiative (4Mi) in Mali and Niger
• The Mixed Migration Monitoring Mechanism initiative (4Mi) collects data on the conditions of mixed migration movements across various regions. It is implemented by the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) and the Regional Mixed Migration Secretariat.
Good agricultural production 2015-2016 are confirmed in the Sahel and West Africa.
6.7 million people are affected by food and nutrition insecurity with 4.2 million people displaced in the Sahel and West Africa due to civil insecurity prevailing in the Lake Chad Basin, northern Mali, Libya, Central African Republic and Sudan.
Globally, the markets remain well supplied and are characterized by stable or lower food prices compared to the previous year and the five-year average.
Approvisionnement globalement satisfaisant des marchés malgré l’installation tardive de la saison
Amélioration de la pluviométrie dans les zones soudaniennes et soudano-sahéliennes de l’Afrique de l’Ouest et du Tchad à partir de la mi-juillet, qui permet la généralisation et l’intensification des opérations de semis;
La production céréalière 2014-2015, révisée en mars 2015, pour le Sahel et l’Afrique de l’Ouest se chiffre à 61 612 000 tonnes. Elle est supérieure de 7% à celle de l’année dernière et en hausse de 10% par rapport à la moyenne des cinq (5) dernières années. Le maïs occupe la première place avec une production estimée à 20 385 000 tonnes, suivie du riz (17 325 000 tonnes), du sorgho (13 664 000 tonnes) et du mil (9 183 000 tonnes).
The 2014-2015 Cereal production, revised in March 2015, for the Sahel and West Africa stands at 61,612,000 metric tons. It is 7 % higher than the one for last year and 10 % higher than the average production for the last five (5 ) years. Maize ranks number one with a production estimated to 20, 385,000 tons, followed by rice (17,325,000 tons), sorghum (13,664,000 tons) and millet (9,183,000 tons).
Le CERF alloue 25 millions de dollars, au second trimestre, pour des programmes d’urgence en Afrique de l’Ouest et du Centre
For the third quarter of 2013, CERF disburses US$ 25 million for Life saving programs in West and Central Africa
- Moderate to heavy rains continue to push north across the Sahel.
- Moderate seasonal rainfall deficits grow across northwestern Ethiopia, southern Eritrea and bordering Sudan.
1) During much of May and the beginning of June, intermittent and insufficient rains had increased rainfall deficits over parts of northeastern Nigeria, resulting in poor NDVI values and delayed planting. However, recent moderate to heavy rains have decreased seasonal rainfall deficits.
- Abnormal dryness has settled in across western Mali.
- A slight reduction in rainfall observed over Ethiopia.
1) The delayed onset of the March-May rainfall has negatively impacted ground conditions over the Belg-producing areas of northern Ethiopia. Despite an increase in rain since mid-April, the accumulated rainfall has remained below-average. Limited rain is forecast over the area during the next outlook period, likely maintaining rainfall deficits.
VINGT-SIXIÈME CONFÉRENCE RÉGIONALE POUR L'AFRIQUE
Luanda (Angola), 3 - 7 mai 2010
1. La montée spectaculaire des prix des produits alimentaires en 2007-2008 ainsi que la crise économique mondiale en cours ont conduit à l'aggravation de la pauvreté et de l'insécurité alimentaire dans nombre de pays à faible revenu. En Afrique, où plus de 50 pour cent des revenus des ménages sont consacrés à la nourriture, cette situation a poussé plusieurs ménages au bord de la famine.
TWENTY-SIXTH REGIONAL CONFERENCE FOR AFRICA
Luanda, Angola, 03 - 07 May 2010
1. The dramatic rise in food prices during 2007/2008 and the ongoing global downturn have lead to worsening poverty and food insecurity levels in many low income countries. In Africa, where over 50 percent of household income is spent on food, the situation has put many households at the risk of starvation. This is compounded by the reduction in remittances as a result of the global recession.