- South Sudan Situation: Sudan Refugee Response Plan - Midyear Update, Jan-Jun 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin | Issue 22 | 25 September - 8 October 2017
- UNICEF Sudan Humanitarian Situation Report, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Humanitarian Response Plan, Jan-Dec 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - Sudan
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- CHF (Common Humanitarian Fund)
- -UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA Sudan Who Does What Where Presence Dashboard
- OCHA Sudan
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal: Sudan
- Human Security Baseline Assessment for Sudan and South Sudan (HSBA)
- Satellite Sentinel Project
- Food Security Cluster: Sudan
- Human Rights Watch: Sudan - Events of 2016
- Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Aug 2011
KHARTOUM, 10th October, 2017 (WAM) -- The Sheikha Fatima Global Humanitarian Campaign has concluded its work in the Sudanese villages with the treatment of more than 1,000 women and children, as part of the Fatima Bint Mubarak Volunteer Programme.
The programme is a joint initiative of the Zayed Giving Initiative and the General Women's Union, an embodiment of their distinct partnership in the field of humanitarian work.
Au Tchad, l’insécurité alimentaire touche aujourd’hui plus de 2,3 millions de personnes, dont plus de 380 000 sont en situation d’insécurité alimentaire sévère. Prises au piège entre crises politiques, sécuritaires et climatiques, les populations du Batha Est, une région souvent oubliée de la bande sahélienne, font face à des risques aigus de sous-nutrition et de malnutrition. ACTED est la seule ONG internationale encore présente dans la région, mobilisée jusque dans les zones les plus reculées pour apporter une aide humanitaire aux plus vulnérables.
217,022 Libyans currently internally displaced (IDPs)
1 278,559 returned IDPs (returns registered in 2017)
43,133 registered refugees and asylum seekers in Libya
106,488 persons arrived in Italy by sea so far in 2017
Funding USD 75.5 M requested in 2017
This document provides an overview of responses to the Global Shelter Cluster (GSC) online survey, conducted in preparation for the annual GSC Meeting. Findings are based on a total of 106 responses, as of 26 September 2017.
Gracias a la financiación de la Comisión Europea, un programa liderado por la FAO ayudará a países de África, el Caribe y el Pacífico a encontrar fuentes alternativas de proteína animal
10 de octubre de 2017, Roma – La FAO presentó hoy una iniciativa destinada a ayudar a los países de África, el Caribe y el Pacífico a frenar la caza de fauna silvestre insostenible, conservar su riqueza natural y fortalecer los medios de subsistencia y la seguridad alimentaria de la población.
Food from healthy farms makes healthy people - New IFAD report
Rome, 10 October 2017 – Investing in climate-resilient agriculture not only improves food security but contributes to eradicating malnutrition, according to the findings of a new report from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
140,538 Arrivals by sea in 2017
363,401 Arrivals in 20106
2,754 Dead / Missing
Can charcoal made from pest thorn trees help keep refugees warm and fed?
By Anthony Langat
KAKUMA, Kenya, Oct 10 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Turkana County is one of Kenya's most arid regions, but land near the town of Kakuma sports a dense thicket of thorny trees.
That's not good news. The plant is Prosopis juliflora, a fast-growing invasive species that has wreaked havoc by taking over land once used for pasture, choking rivers and overwhelming indigenous trees in this part of northwest Kenya.
• A cholera outbreak is reported in Sila Region, eastern Chad, near the border with Sudan. 152 cases have been reported with 23 deaths by the end of August 2011
• 11 million USD have been allocated by the UFE CERF to Chad. 6.5 million USD will be used to support refugees and returnees from CAR with multipurpose cash, 3 million USD will ensure availability of basic services for CAR refugees and returnees (health, nutrition, education), and 1.5 million USD will be allocated to UNHAS to allow continued humanitarian access.
GENEVA (9 October 2017) – A UN human rights expert has praised the US decision to lift sanctions against Sudan after two decades of enforcement.
The Special Rapporteur on the negative impact of unilateral coercive measures on the enjoyment of human rights, Idriss Jazairy, said the welcome decision taken by the US Administration on 6 October 2017 followed “sustained positive action by the Government of Sudan”, and demonstrated a worthy commitment to dialogue.
The Joint Border Verification and Monitoring Mechanism (JBVMM) of the United Nations Interim Security Force for Abyei (UNISFA) undertook a joint reconnaissance between 16 and 22 September 2017. A first of its kind air patrolling operation, it was conducted from the UNISFA Force Headquarters base in Abyei to the proposed team site locations astride the Safe De-militarized Border Zone (SBDZ).
Khartoum, 9 October 2017. The United Nations Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator in Sudan, Ms. Marta Ruedas, expressed grave concern over the abduction of Margaret Schenkel, a Swiss aid worker, in North Darfur State on 7 October 2017.
“I am deeply shocked by this incident. Targeting aid workers who provide neutral, impartial and life-saving humanitarian assistance is a crime under International Humanitarian Law,” said Ms. Ruedas.
As key players in contemporary conflicts, many armed non-state actors provide services to civilians in order to win legitimacy in their areas of control. Sometimes the civilian population comes to rely on them rather than the state for services. A more nuanced approach to engaging with armed groups is therefore vital in order to resolve conflicts.
La population totale de réfugiés et demandeurs d’asile est passée de 403.950 en Août 2017 à 407.996 personnes en Septembre 2017. Ceci représente une augmentation globale de 3486 personnes . Une augmentation marquée par l'opération d'enregistrement individuel dans le Mayo Kebbi Est mi-Septembre (une opération qui a vu la baisse considérable des demandeurs d'asile et la hausse du nombre des réfugiés), l'enregistrement des nouveaux arrivants du Sud et les activités d’enregistrement continu.
October 8, 2017 (KHARTOUM) — The Sudanese president Sunday extended a unilateral cessation of hostilities for three months in the troubled Blue Nile and South Kordofan states.
"Sudanese President Omer al-Bashir issued a Republican Decree on Sunday evening extending the cease-fire in the country until December 31, 2017," reported the official new agency SUNA.