OCHA - Situation Report - Highlights ()
- UNHCR and COR have registered over 38,000 Ethiopian refugees in Kassala, Gedaref, and Blue Nile states.
- The initial Ethiopian refugee planning figure of 50,000 could increase to 100,000 over the next six months if fighting in Ethiopia’s Tigray region continues.
- With CERF support, UNICEF and the Ministry of Health have been actively working to treat and prevent malnutrition in Kassala where 44% of children under 5 years are stunted.
- WFP to boost the resilience of chronically food-insecure families in South Kordofan State.
- Post-harvest losses for more than 41,000 people will be reduced through the training of smallholder farmers and supporting social protection programmes.
HIGHLIGHTS (8 minutes ago) UNHCR and COR have registered over 38,000 Ethiopian refugees in Kassala, Gedaref, and Blue Nile states. The initial Ethiopian refugee planning figure of 50,000 could...
A. Situation analysis Description of the disaster On 03 November 2020, armed clashes were reported between the Ethiopian Defence Forces (EDF) and the Tigray Regional Security forces (TPLF) in Tigray...
Overview: Flooding, rampant inflation, political instability and tribal clashes have triggered higher levels of acute food insecurity during the period of October - December 2020, compared to what...