Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Reports of excessive force against Sudan protests deeply worrying – Bachelet
- Ten things you should know about the latest protests in Sudan
- Head of Sudan Sanctions Committee Briefs Security Council as Delegates Debate Criteria for Lifting 13-Year-Old Measures, Ongoing Sexual Violence
- Sudan: UN experts urge halt to excessive use of force against peaceful protesters
- Linkages between HIV and gender-based violence in the Middle East and North Africa: key findings from the LEARN MENA project
UNAMID’s Joint Special Representative (JSR), Jeremiah Mamabolo, accompanied by Amy Martin, UN Deputy Humanitarian Coordinator for Darfur, and Major-General Fida Hussain, Acting Force Commander, UNAMID, visited the victims of the recent fire at Korma camp for internally displaced persons (IDPs), North Darfur, on 15 June 2017. The fire occurred on 9 June and destroyed some 700 homes; five displaced persons were killed as well.
Three humanitarian corridors identified in Southern Chad for the potential voluntary return of CAR refugees not yet functional.
Potential refugees for the Chadian national exam-Baccalaureate for 2016/2017 increased by 34%. Women make up 60% of candidates.
Preliminary results of the Survey on the intentions of return of Sudanese refugees in Eastern Chad shows that less than 3% are willing to repatriate in 2017.
More than 600 people have been left homeless, destitute, and without food after a fire that broke out at camp El Neem north of Ed Daein in East Darfur destroyed 100 homes on Wednesday.
One of the camp sheikhs explained that the intense wind helped the fire to spread. Provisions and agricultural crops were also destroyed, however no injuries or loss of life were reported.
The sheikh appealed to the authorities and organisations to speed up the provision of aid to those affected.