- IPC Sudan Acute Food Insecurity Situation (October - December 2017)
- FEWS NET: Food Security Outlook Update, October 2017 to May 2018
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin | Issue 23 | 9 – 22 October 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Humanitarian Response Plan, Jan-Dec 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - Sudan
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- SHF (Sudan Humanitarian Fund)
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA Sudan Who Does What Where Presence Dashboard
- OCHA Sudan
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal: Sudan
- Human Security Baseline Assessment for Sudan and South Sudan (HSBA)
- Satellite Sentinel Project
- Food Security Cluster: Sudan
- Human Rights Watch: Sudan - Events of 2016
- Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Aug 2011
A weekly report on major developments concerning relief operations in southern Sudan.
Malaria Control Efforts in Upper Nile
CAR AMBUSHED NEAR IKOTOS; NCA STAFF MEMBER KILLED...
A 38 day nightmare is over for an American pilot and two other Red Cross workers who were taken hostage in the Central African nation of Sudan. Congressman Richardson (D-NM), who has just returned from the war-torn region, successfully negotiated their release with Sudanese rebel leaders. The price: five tons of rice, four Jeeps, nine radios, and a Red Cross health survey of the disease-ridden guerrilla camp.
ICRC Communication to the press 96/37
SEVERE DIARRHOEAL DISEASE OUTBREAK SPREADS TO PARAJOK...
Household Food Security WFP food activities for November:
Northern Bahr el Ghazal -Deliveries were ongoing to Agaigai and Madhol, and are planned for Ajiep. These distributions are a response to a nutrition survey earlier in the year, where malnutrition and food deficits were identified.
SEVERE DIARRHOEAL DISEASE REPORTED IN LABONE...
KHARTOUM, Sudan (PANA) - Sudan has described the entry ban imposed by the United States on its officials and militarymen as a "regretable escalation " of the already strained relations between the two countries.
KHARTOUM, Sudan (PANA) - A senior
official at thee Sudanese foreign ministry has said that a 30-day delay
on imposing sanctions on Sudan by the Security Council would be an opportunity
for the UN executive to reconsider the whole range of punishments
it has been threatening to impose on the country.
Mustafa Osman Ismail, the state minister at the ministry, was Saturday quoted by the official news agency, Suna, expressing hope that the decision by the Security Council to postpone discussions on the imposition of air an embargo on Sudan for a
Archbishop Erwin Josef Ender, Apostolic
Pro-Nuncio to the Sudan - with official residence in Khartoum - has visited
the SPLA-controlled areas of Southern Sudan from 9 to 18 November 1996.
The purpose of this visit was to deliver to the Catholics of Southern Sudan
a message from Pope John Paul II. Here follow the message of the Pope and
a statement written by Archbishop Ender at the end of his visit.
For more information:
Security Update for 11/20/96
NGO STAFF RELOCATED FROM AKOBO...
Christian Solidarity International, a Swiss based organization, redeemed 58 slaves near the village of Manyiel in the province of Bahr El Ghazal (Sudan) on October 29. Most of the enslaved women and children had been captured during raids conducted by the Government of Sudan's Popular Defence Force on villages about 15 miles east of Manyiel during January and February of 1995.