Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Reports of excessive force against Sudan protests deeply worrying – Bachelet
- Ten things you should know about the latest protests in Sudan
- Head of Sudan Sanctions Committee Briefs Security Council as Delegates Debate Criteria for Lifting 13-Year-Old Measures, Ongoing Sexual Violence
- Sudan: UN experts urge halt to excessive use of force against peaceful protesters
- Linkages between HIV and gender-based violence in the Middle East and North Africa: key findings from the LEARN MENA project
7 March 2018
A few days ago, we celebrated the centenary year of Nelson Mandela’s birth. We spoke of his example; his fortitude, his suffering and compassion, while recalling also the declaration that he and my predecessor Mary Robinson signed in 2000 on diversity and tolerance.
- 186,768 TOTAL ARRIVALS TO EUROPE
- 172,362 TOTAL ARRIVALS TO EUROPE BY SEA
- 14,406 TOTAL ARRIVALS TO EUROPE BY LAND
The 2015 Annual Report on the Situation of Asylum in the European Union aims to provide a comprehensive overview of the number and nature of applications for international protection made in the EU+ (1). It examines how those applications were processed and indicates important developments at EU+ and national level in order to describe the functioning of the Common European Asylum System (CEAS) in each of its key aspects.
In a wide-ranging opening speech to the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad al Hussein sheds a light on "preventable calamities" and worrying trends in human rights around the world, including detailed concerns about the situation in more than 50 countries
Distinguished President of the Council,
Colleagues and friends
Asylum seekers and other migrants are arriving in Europe and encountering rapidly changing border controls as they seek transit through Europe. The EU is implementing its “hotspot” approach for new arrival registration in Italy and Greece. This is a snapshot of the situation based on available unclassified data as of March 4, 2016.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
Asylum seekers and other migrants are arriving in Europe and encountering rapidly changing border controls as they seek transit through Europe. The EU has begun implementing its “hotspot” approach for new arrival registration in Italy and Greece, while efforts to increase reception and temporary shelter capacity in Balkan states continue. This is a snapshot of the situation based on available data as of December 14, 2015.