Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Aug 2011
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Sudan: After years of conflict, millions require aid; But is the world paying attention?
- FAO/GIEWS Special Alert No. 342: The Sudan (26 January 2018)
- 200+ people infected with ‘watery diarrhoea’ in Central Darfur’s Nierteti
- Two suspected cholera deaths in Darfur’s Jebel Marra
- Sudan 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Despite a four-day truce which was supposed to come into effect on Friday 26 October, fighting has continued to escalate in Damascus province, Aleppo, Idlib, Daara and Deir Ezzor in Syria manifested by a new wave of airstrikes by the Syrian forces and attacks by the rebels on strategic army checkpoints and air bases.
Dans le cadre du Programme d'intervention en réponse à la crise alimentaire mondiale (GFRP), le Groupe de la Banque mondiale a lancé un mécanisme de financement rapide afin d'accélérer les apports d'aide aux pays qui en ont le plus besoin. La réponse de la Banque s'est faite en articulation avec l'Equipe spéciale de haut niveau des nations Unies (HTLF) sur la sécurité alimentaire. La Banque soutient ainsi la mise en place du Cadre d'action global (CAG).
- Le GFRP est aujourd'hui doté de 2 milliard de dollars.
(updated September 2, 2009)
In response to the severity of the food crisis and the need for prompt action, the World Bank Group set up the Global Food Crisis Response Program (GFRP) in May 2008 to provide immediate relief to countries hard hit by food high prices. The Bank response has been articulated in coordination with the United Nations' High-Level Task Force on food security.