- IPC Sudan Acute Food Insecurity Situation (October - December 2017)
- FEWS NET: Food Security Outlook Update, October 2017 to May 2018
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin | Issue 23 | 9 – 22 October 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Humanitarian Response Plan, Jan-Dec 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - Sudan
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- SHF (Sudan Humanitarian Fund)
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA Sudan Who Does What Where Presence Dashboard
- OCHA Sudan
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal: Sudan
- Human Security Baseline Assessment for Sudan and South Sudan (HSBA)
- Satellite Sentinel Project
- Food Security Cluster: Sudan
- Human Rights Watch: Sudan - Events of 2016
- Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Aug 2011
Most read (last 30 days)
- Sudan: Humanitarian Bulletin | Issue 23 | 9 – 22 October 2017
- Nearly One Third of Darfur’s People Still Displaced, Despite Drop in Violence, Assistant Secretary-General Tells Security Council
- South Sudanese refugees authorised to work in Sudan’s White Nile as agricultural labourers
- Sudan Acute Food Insecurity Situation (October - December 2017)
- The Government of Sudan Launches its First National Action Plan to Combat Human Trafficking [EN/AR]
• Many countries across the African continent face recurrent complex emergencies, frequent food insecurity, cyclical drought, and sudden-onset disasters such as earthquakes, floods, and storms. In FY 2016, as in previous years, USAID/OFDA not only responded to urgent needs resulting from disasters, but also supported DRR programs that built resilience and improved emergency preparedness, mitigation, and response capacity at local, national, and regional levels.
1) Heavy rains have resulted in fatalities and massive destruction in South Darfur, the northern Bahr el Ghazal, Warrap, and Jonglei states of South Sudan. Flooding potential remains as above-average rains are forecast during the next week.
2) Since July, heavy rains causing flooding and inundation along the Niger and Benue Rivers have led to the displacement of thousands of people and many fatalities in eastern Nigeria. Enhanced rainfall forecast could exacerbate the ground conditions.
1) Heavy rains have resulted in fatalities and massive destruction in South Darfur, the northern Bahr el Ghazal, Warrap, and Jonglei states of South Sudan. Flooding potential remains as heavy rains are forecast during the next week.
2) Heavy downpours left one dead in the Gambia during the past week. Heavy rains have persisted, exacerbating Cholera outbreak across Sierra Leone and Guinea. Concerns for flooding and Cholera spreading remain as heavy rains are again forecasted.
Update of the ITCZ Position
CCA Guidance for the Greater Horn of Africa Rainfall in June-July-August 2003 at One Month Lead