Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Reports of excessive force against Sudan protests deeply worrying – Bachelet
- Ten things you should know about the latest protests in Sudan
- Head of Sudan Sanctions Committee Briefs Security Council as Delegates Debate Criteria for Lifting 13-Year-Old Measures, Ongoing Sexual Violence
- Sudan: UN experts urge halt to excessive use of force against peaceful protesters
- Linkages between HIV and gender-based violence in the Middle East and North Africa: key findings from the LEARN MENA project
Le présent rapport, soumis en application de la résolution 71/315 de l’Assemblée générale, fait le point sur les progrès réalisés depuis la présentation du rapport du Secrétaire général sur les causes des conflits et la promotion d’une paix et d’un développement durables en Afrique (A/65/152-S/2010/526).
In the present report, submitted pursuant to General Assembly resolution 71/315, progress made since the submission of the report of the Secretary-General on the causes of conflict and the promotion of durable peace and sustainable development in Africa (A/65/152-S/2010/526) is reviewed.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
Item 44 of the provisional agenda*
Sixty-first General Assembly
18th & 19th Meetings (AM & PM)
Call for Assistance from International Community in Bolstering Fragile Peace Treaties, Securing Conditions for Long-Term Development
Item 106 of the provisional agenda*
Report of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, questions relating to refugees, returnees and displaced persons and humanitarian questions
Report of the Secretary-General**
The present report is submitted in compliance with General Assembly resolution 56/135 of 19 December 2001 on assistance to refugees, returnees and displaced persons in Africa.