Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Sudan: Humanitarian Funds come together to help people support themselves
- SUDAN - South West of Sudan and North-East South-Sudan - OCBA projects
- Sudan: Population Dashboard - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 31 October 2018)
- Security Council Adopts Resolution 2445 (2018), Extending Mandate of United Nations Interim Security Force in Abyei
- Sudan: East Darfur Population Dashboard - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 31 October 2018)
During the first nine months of 2018, just under 25,100 refugees were submitted by UNHCR for resettlement' to 19 countries in Europe.2 This is 24% less than the same period in 2017, but already two-thirds more than the average rate of 15,400 submissions per year during the previous 10 years.
General situation during October 2018 Forecast until mid-Dececember 2018
The Desert Locust situation continued to remain calm during October
Although seasonal rains ended in the northern Sahel between Mauritania and Sudan and vegetation was drying out, a second generation of breeding took place in Chad and small-scale breeding occurred in norther Niger and southern Algeria.
No NGO rescue boats currently in central Mediterranean, agencies warn
Roudabeh Kishi and Melissa Pavlik
Sessions at the Tableau Conference (#TC18) presented ideas around new data visualization schemes to portray trends and patterns in novel ways. The dashboards below highlight a few of these data visualization ideas using ACLED data from across regions.
Current major event
EWARN in humanitarian emergencies
As many as seven countries– Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Syria in the WHO Eastern Mediterranean Region have established an early warning system for disease outbreaks with a view to early detecting and rapidly investigating any public health event of potential concern. Such a system, in the absence of a routine disease surveillance system, needs continuous monitoring and assessment using a set of performance benchmarks.
This dashboard summarizes the progress made by partners involved in the Lebanon Crisis Response and highlights trends affecting people in need. The Protection Sector in Lebanon aims to achieve the following results: OUTCOME 1: Persons displaced from Syria have their basic rights (incl.
"Access to education is a fundamental human right. It is essential to the acquisition of knowledge and to the full development of the human personality, as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states. More than that, education makes us more resilient and independent individuals."
Filippo Grandi, UN High Commissioner for Refugees.
Cyclone Luban approaches southern Arabian Peninsula
Le cyclone Luban s’approche du sud de la péninsule Arabique
Amman, October 2 - A third phase of Enhancing Food Security in Arab Countries began with the financial support of the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD). The project’s technical committee met to discuss the achievements so far and develop the action plan for the next phase.
Situation générale en septembre 2018
Prévision jusqu'à mi-novembre 2018
RÉGION OCCIDENTALE: CALME
SITUATION. Une reproduction à petite échelle était en cours en Mauritanie, au Niger et au Tchad, et probablement aussi dans le nord du Mali. Une reproduction locale s'est poursuivie dans le centre de l'Algérie où des opérations de lutte limitées ont été réalisées.
The 21th round of data collection took place in July and August 2018. During this round a revised version of the data collection methodology was used to capture additional information on the needs and challenges migrants are facing.
DTM identified there to be at least 669,176 migrants in Libya. Migrants were identified in all baladiyas, within 554 communities and originated from more than 41 countries.
- Morocco launches anti-smuggling operation
- Armed Clashes in Tripoli Take Heavy Toll on Migrants
- EU says it won’t reply to Italy’s ‘threats’ over migrants
- Rescue vessel Aquarius allowed to dock in Malta
- EU to support Spain, Morocco on migration
- Italy allows migrants to land in Sicily
- Algeria to host 2nd international Conference on irregular migration
- Sudan to develop national anti-trafficking strategy