Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhea Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Aug 2011
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Sudan: Humanitarian Bulletin | Issue 27 | 4 – 17 December 2017 [EN/AR]
- DFID And WFP Sign Multi-Year Agreement To Change Lives In Sudan
- Sudan Food Security Outlook Update, December 2017
- Last group of Sudanese refugees return to South Darfur from CAR
- Sudan Humanitarian Fund: New classrooms for displaced children in Central Darfur
A SNAPSHOT OF EVENTS IN THE ASIA-PACIFIC
Between May and September 2011, a number of disasters including floods and storms continued to devastate Asia and the Pacific region.
Floods occurred in China from June onwards, affecting over 36 million people and killing at least 355 people. Despite direct economic losses of nearly US$6.5 billion, no international assistance was requested.
GENEVA, 03 October, 2011– UN High Commissioner for Refugees António Guterres warned today that an increasingly complex international environment is making it harder to find solutions for the world’s more than 43 million refugees, internally displaced and stateless people.
Speaking at the opening of the annual meeting in Geneva of UNHCR’s governing Executive Committee, Guterres said the international community needed to up its collective game to prevent conflict, to adapt to climate change and to better manage natural disasters.