Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Sudan: East Darfur Population Dashboard - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 30 Sep 2018)
- Disease outbreak news: Chikungunya – Sudan, 15 October 2018
- Herders bind, beat displaced wood gatherers in West Darfur
- Chikungunya fever spreading in Sudan’s Nile basin
- Health Ministry declares chikunguya outbreak in Kassala
Trends and Key Figures
This overview document presents security incidents that affected aid delivery in 2017. The report is based on incidents identified by Insecurity Insight's monitoring of open sources and reported by Aid in Danger partner agencies using the Security in Numbers Database (SiND) in 2017. It presents analysis of 2,152 NGO-related security incidents for which details were shared or made public. The total number of reported incidents below reflects the willingness of agencies to share information. It is neither a complete count, nor representative.
DTM flow monitoring data compiled from national authorities and IOM offices show that the number of arrivals through Mediterranean routes between January and March 2018 is half the number of arrivals in the same period in 2017. In the first quarter of 2018 a total of 1,956 migrants and asylum seekers arrived in Europe using different land and sea routes, in comparison to 34,531 registered in the first quarter of 2017. As previously reported, the decrease is mainly due to the drop in arrivals in Italy.
COUNTRIES OF FIRST ARRIVAL
12,736 TOTAL ARRIVALS TO EUROPE IN 2018 10,566 ARRIVALS BY SEA IN 2018 2,170 ARRIVALS BY LAND IN 2017 20,200 ARRIVALS TO EUROPE BY THE END OF FEBRUARY 2017
Regional Mixed Migration Secretariat (RMMS) summary for February 2018 covering mixed migration events, trends and data for Djibouti, Eritrea, South Sudan, Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Somalia / Somaliland and Yemen.
7 March 2018
A few days ago, we celebrated the centenary year of Nelson Mandela’s birth. We spoke of his example; his fortitude, his suffering and compassion, while recalling also the declaration that he and my predecessor Mary Robinson signed in 2000 on diversity and tolerance.
9,483 surveys conducted with migrants in Italy, Bulgaria, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia and The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, in 2017
Focus of the report
This report contains an analysis of the responses provided by migrants and refugees travelling along the Central and the Eastern Mediterranean routes and interviewed under IOM’s Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) activities in 2017. Male and female migrants are systematically compared.
- 186,768 TOTAL ARRIVALS TO EUROPE
- 172,362 TOTAL ARRIVALS TO EUROPE BY SEA
- 14,406 TOTAL ARRIVALS TO EUROPE BY LAND
176,042 Total arrivals to Europe
164,754 Total arrivals to Europe by sea
11,288 Total arrivals to Europe by land