OCHA - Situation Report - Highlights ()
- In Sudan, a COVID-19 SAFE School Kit was developed to allow schools to open safely during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Nearly 55% of schools do not have access to improved water and 49% do not have access to improved sanitation, according to a recent survey.
- The World Bank provides an additional $420 million for the second phase of the Sudan Family Support Programme, the Thamarat Program.
- The Sudan Family Support Programme is designed to support Sudanese families affected by the ongoing economic crisis which has been compounded by economic reforms.
- UNHCR launches the 2021 inter-agency refugee appeal requesting $574 million to assist over one million refugees in Sudan.
Last updated: 9 Apr 2021 KEY POINTS More government security forces visible in Ag Geneina starting 7 February Following 30 hours of quiet, gunfire heard in Ag Geneina at mid-day on 8 February...
HIGHLIGHTS In Sudan, a COVID-19 SAFE School Kit was developed to allow schools to open safely during the coronavirus pandemic. Nearly 55% of schools do not have access to improved water and 49% do...
Changes in Context HRP revision after COVID-19 In July 2020, HRP was revised to reflect the changes brought about by the COVID-19 mitigation and containment measures, including increased needs and...