OCHA - Situation Report - Highlights ()
- As people queue for hours to buy bread, wheat assistance starts to arrive in the country.
- The Government of Sudan imports some of the country's wheat requirement as local production cannot cover needs. In the first half of 2020, Sudan imported 1.1 million tons of wheat.
- Director of OCHA leaves Sudan with a better understanding of humanitarian needs and how they are being compounded by an economic crisis, floods, and disease outbreaks.
- As of 26 October 2020, there are 13,765 people confirmed to have COVID-19 Sudan, including 837 fatalities, according to the Federal Ministry of Health.
- The Government of Sudan and aid organizations continue to provide life-saving assistance to people affected by floods and disease outbreaks in the country.
HIGHLIGHTS As people queue for hours to buy bread, wheat assistance starts to arrive in the country. The Government of Sudan imports some of the country's wheat requirement as local production cannot...
In Numbers 2.7 million people assisted (September 2020) 16,144 metric tons of food assistance distributed US$ 829,882 of cash-based transfers US$ 127.6 million six months net funding requirements...
PEOPLE AFFECTED 875,120 HOUSEHOLDS AFFECTED 175,024 HOUSES DAMAGED 92,556 HOUSES DESTROYED 82,468 NO. OF ORGANIZATIONS RESPONDING 43 Blue Nile Situation Overview According to state HAC,17,624...