OCHA - Situation Report - Highlights ()
- As of 2 June 2020, there are 5,499 people confirmed to have COVID-19 in Sudan, including 314 fatalities.
- COVID-19 is reported in all of Sudan's 18 states. The majority of people with confirmed COVID-19 are in Khartoum State.
- The Government of Sudan will initiate a Family Support Programme to provide direct cash transfers each month to vulnerable Sudanese families.
- Continuing economic crisis and COVID-19 containment measures are leading to increasing staple food prices.
- UN and partners provide over 5,000 people affected by violence in Kadugli with assistance.
HIGHLIGHTS As of 20 May 2020, there are 3,138 people confirmed to have COVID-19 in Sudan, including 121 fatalities Transmission of COVID-19 in Sudan is now classified as community transmission. For...
Highlights Inter-tribal conflict in West Darfur during the last days of 2019 displaced around 40,000 people into El-Geneina town. UNICEF mobilized an intersectoral response that included emergency...
In Numbers 1.5 million people assisted April 2020 17,702 mt of food assistance distributed, April 2020 US$6.0 million cash-based transfers made, April 2020 US$15.5 m six months net funding...