Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- AU: Joint Statement: Government of Rwanda, UNHCR and African Union agree to evacuate refugees out of Libya. 10 Sep 2019
- UNHCR: Rwanda: 2019 Mid Year Report - Burundi Regional RRP (January - June 2019). 17 Sep 2019
- FAO: Restoring cassava farming in Rwanda. 16 Sep 2019
- UNICEF: Going house-to-house to prevent Ebola. 15 Aug 2019
- UNICEF: UNICEF Rwanda Ebola Situation Report (August 2019). 6 Sep 2019
Favorable December rainfall raises prospects of average or above-average 2019 Season A harvests
• Rainfall since the second half of November has compensated for early season deficits in September and October. Key informants indicate that most crops are developing normally, and January-February 2019 Season A harvests are likely to be average to above average. This combined with above-average purchasing power is anticipated to support Minimal (IPC Phase 1) outcomes through at least May 2019.
Likely average Season A production to support Minimal (IPC Phase 1) outcomes
• WFP provided lifesaving food and nutrition assistance to more than 146,800 refugees living in six refugee camps across Rwanda. In total, 953 mt of in-kind food commodities were distributed and US$ 765,000 of cash was transferred electronically to refugees’ smart cards. Cash assistance has continued to enable refugees to buy food of their choice from local shops and markets.
• UNICEF developed a preparedness and response plan for Ebola Virus Disease and contributed the National Ebola Preparedness and Response Plan. A total of US$ 370,000 was allocated through the UNICEF Emergency Programme Fund as a loan to accelerate implementation of the preparedness activities.