occupied Palestinian territoryOngoing
- UNRWA: Gaza Situation Report 206, 21 August – 04 September 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin occupied Palestinian territory - Aug 2017
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Assessment at the Household Level in the Gaza Strip, Jul 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Gaza Crisis: Urgent Funding Appeal (Jul 2017)
- 2017 Humanitarian Response Plan
- WHO: oPt Emergency Response Plan 2017
- UNRWA Emergency Appeal 2017
- oPt Humanitarian Fund
- OCHA in oPt
- OCHA Reported Access Incidents of Humanitarian Organizations Database
- OCHA Vulnerability Profile of Palestinian Communities in Area C
- OCHA: Gaza One Year On: Marking One Year Since the 2014 Escalation of Hostilities
- UNRWA (UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East)
- UN Information System on the Question of Palestine (UNISPAL)
- OCHA Gaza Crossings Activities Database
- Food Security Cluster: State of Palestine
- Human Rights Watch: Israel/Palestine - Events of 2016
- Middle East: Cold Wave - Jan 2015
- occupied Palestinian territory: Cold Wave - Dec 2013
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- occupied Palestinian territory: Floods - Jan 2013
- occupied Palestinian territory: Floods - Feb 2012
- occupied Palestinian territory: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- OPT: Flash Floods - Nov 2008
- OPT: Waste Water Treatment Plant Floods - Mar 2007
- Locusts - Aug 2004
Appeal Target: US$10,952,118/ $11,012,532.53
Balance Requested: 10,952,118/ $8,296,158.28
Amman, 19 September, 2017
UN Report: Absence of a political process impedes Palestinian development while Gaza humanitarian crisis worsens
Humanitarian assistance is interrupted for at least 28,000 people in Bataganfo, Ouham, following the suspension of the activities of an NGO that was attacked on 7 September. Only MSF is now providing emergency care in the area.
Humanitarian space has severely shrunk in Batangafo since clashes between ex-seleka and anti-balaka resumed at the end of July, and several humanitarian organisations have suspended their operations.
Human Rights Council 36th session
Opening Statement by Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein, United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
11 September 2017
Distinguished President of the Council,
As I enter the final year of my current mandate – a year which I will discharge with vigour and determination – I wish to begin with a few short reflections drawn from the past three years.
Overview: August 2017
226,164 Libyans currently internally displaced persons (IDPs)
267,002 returned IDPs (returns registered in 2017)
42,834 registered refugees and asylumseekers in Libya
99,742 persons arrived in Italy by sea so far in 2017
The Director of UNRWA Operations in the West Bank, Scott Anderson, has paid a visit to the Shamasneh family, a Palestine refugee family residing in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Sheikh Jarrah, who had just been evicted from their home following an eight-year legal battle.
1. Le présent rapport, qui couvre la période allant d’août 2015 à juillet 2017, est soumis en application de la résolution 70/80 de l’Assemblée générale, dans laquelle l’Assemblée a prié le Secrétaire général de lui présenter un rapport sur l’application de cette résolution, y compris sur les politiques adoptées et les activités menées par le système des Nations Unies dans ce domaine.
1. The present report, covering the period from August 2015 to July 2017, is submitted pursuant to General Assembly resolution 70/80, in which the Assembly requested the Secretary-General to report on the implementation of that resolution, including on relevant United Nations policies and activities.
Ethiopia has the presidency in September. A visiting mission to Addis Ababa is planned in early September for the 11th annual consultative meeting between members of the UN Security Council and members of the AU Peace and Security Council (PSC). Immediately after the visit there will be a briefing on the visiting mission. A briefing on the report of the Secretary-General on strengthening the partnership between the UN and the AU by UN Special Representative to the AU Haile Menkerios is also expected in September.
Ar Raqqah offensive displaces more than 271,200 people; up to 25,000 people remain in five Ar Raqqah neighborhoods
State/PRM partner UNHCR commences expansion of Areesheh IDP camp in anticipation of additional IDP arrivals from Ar Raqqah and Dayr az Zawr governorates
Health actors record 62 attacks on health care facilities from January to June
TOP LINE CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Humanitarian needs remain staggering in terms of scale, severity and complexity indicating little overall improvement in the humanitarian situation in Syria. Against the continued backdrop of high levels of violence and systemic violations of International Humanitarian Law (IHL) and International Human Rights Law (IHRL), no amount of humanitarian assistance and protection services can substitute for a political solution.
The Centrality of Protection
On Monday, 28 August 2017, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), together with the Camp Service Committee of Ein el- Sultan camp and the Ministry of Public Works and Housing, inaugurated the Al Masri Road following completion of its rehabilitation.
The inauguration was attended by representatives of UNRWA, the camp popular committee, the Governorate of Jericho and the Jordan Valley, the Jericho municipality and the youth and women's centres in the camp. A representative from the Jericho police was also in attendance.
The present report is the forty-second submitted pursuant to paragraph 17 of Security Council resolution 2139 (2014), paragraph 10 of resolution 2165 (2014), paragraph 5 of resolution 2191 (2014), paragraph 5 of resolution 2258 (2015) and paragraph 5 of resolution 2332 (2016), in which the Council requested the Secretary-General to report, every 30 days, on the implementation of the resolutions by all parties to the conflict in the Syrian Arab Republic.
CONSEIL DE SÉCURITÉ
8028E SÉANCE – MATIN
La crise, le mois dernier, qui a secoué la vieille ville de Jérusalem, « foyer des sites sacrés des trois religions monothéistes », a démontré que les tensions peuvent dégénérer, menaçant de « modifier » la nature du conflit israélo-palestinien et d’embraser la région, a déclaré, ce matin, devant le Conseil de sécurité, le Sous-Secrétaire général aux affaires politiques, M. Miroslav Jenča.
Mr. President, Members of the Security Council,
8028th Meeting (AM)
Against the backdrop of heightened tensions and multiple violent incidents in and around Jerusalem — as well as a worsening humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip — the top United Nations political affairs official today urged the parties to the longstanding Israeli-Palestinian conflict to recommit to ending the occupation of Palestinian lands and realizing a two-State solution.
Livelihoods projects are being rollout throughout the country and aim to reach an intial 38,000 individuals. The activity allows both Syrians and Lebanese to participate in a range of asset creation projects and trainings.
In July, WFP reached 675,038 Syrian refugees; 52,342 vulnerable Lebanese were reached under the National Poverty Targeting Programme as well as a further 16,375 Palestinian refugees from Syria.