occupied Palestinian territoryOngoing
- UNRWA: Gaza Situation Report 206, 21 August – 04 September 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin occupied Palestinian territory - Aug 2017
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Assessment at the Household Level in the Gaza Strip, Jul 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Gaza Crisis: Urgent Funding Appeal (Jul 2017)
- 2017 Humanitarian Response Plan
- WHO: oPt Emergency Response Plan 2017
- UNRWA Emergency Appeal 2017
- oPt Humanitarian Fund
- OCHA in oPt
- OCHA Reported Access Incidents of Humanitarian Organizations Database
- OCHA Vulnerability Profile of Palestinian Communities in Area C
- OCHA: Gaza One Year On: Marking One Year Since the 2014 Escalation of Hostilities
- UNRWA (UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East)
- UN Information System on the Question of Palestine (UNISPAL)
- OCHA Gaza Crossings Activities Database
- Food Security Cluster: State of Palestine
- Human Rights Watch: Israel/Palestine - Events of 2016
- Middle East: Cold Wave - Jan 2015
- occupied Palestinian territory: Cold Wave - Dec 2013
- Syria/Iraq: Polio Outbreak - Oct 2013
- occupied Palestinian territory: Floods - Jan 2013
- occupied Palestinian territory: Floods - Feb 2012
- occupied Palestinian territory: Floods - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- OPT: Flash Floods - Nov 2008
- OPT: Waste Water Treatment Plant Floods - Mar 2007
- Locusts - Aug 2004
Compilation of available statistical data indicates that the arrivals to Europe through the Mediterranean in the first eight months of 2017 is lower when compared to the same period in 2016. As of 31 August 2017, national authorities in Greece, Italy, Cyprus, Bulgaria and Spain registered 131,167 newly arrived migrants mostly from the Middle East, Africa, South and Central Asia which is in a sharp contrast to 297,255 recorded during the same period in 2016 (56% decrease).
Provide a desk-based review of the factors influencing gender equality and women’s empowerment in Lebanon focusing on achievements, trends, enabling and constraining factors.
Les États Membres entre la nécessité de « réapprendre la complexité du dialogue » ou « agir par soi-même sans attendre l’appui de bureaucraties »
Excellencies, ladies and gentlemen.
We are grateful to Norway for convening and chairing this important forum.
Mauritania hosts over 2,000 urban refugees and asylum seekers and almost 52,000 Malian refugees in Mbera, a camp established in 2012, in the arid south-east region close to the Malian border.
Despite the conclusion of a peace agreement in 2015, largescale returns of Malian refugees are not expected due to persistent violence in northern Mali.
The protracted displacement situation in Mbera exercises a considerable pressure on already limited local resources in the Bassikounou region.
RAMALLAH, 18 September 2017 –UNICEF handed over two new mobile clinics to the Ministry of Health thanks to a US $144,588 donation from the Government and people of Japan.
These new “clinics on wheels” are equipped with all the medical devices needed to provide women and children with essential primary health care and nutrition services. A mobile team comprised of a doctor and a nurse will work in each of them in Areas B and C of the West Bank to provide 5,000 extremely vulnerable families who live in Bedouin and herding communities with basic health services.
An unique partnership between the Ministry of Health, Augusta Victoria Hospital, Juzoor for Health and Social Development, UNRWA, World Diabetes Foundation and DCA/NCA was launched yesterday in Ramallah
Appeal Target: US$10,952,118/ $11,012,532.53
Balance Requested: 10,952,118/ $8,296,158.28
Amman, 19 September, 2017
The quarterly dashboard summarizes the progress made by partners involved in the Lebanon Crisis Response and highlights trends affecting people in need.
“I welcome the recent statement by Hamas announcing the dissolving of the Administrative Committee in Gaza and agreement to allow the Government of National Consensus to assume its responsibilities in Gaza.
I commend the Egyptian authorities for their tireless efforts in creating this positive momentum. All parties must seize this opportunity to restore unity and open a new page for the Palestinian people.
UN Report: Absence of a political process impedes Palestinian development while Gaza humanitarian crisis worsens
A 21-year-old Palestinian man, who was shot and injured by Israeli forces on 9 August during clashes in Ad Duheisha refugee camp (Bethlehem), died of his wounds. The Israeli authorities withheld his body for five days before releasing it for burial. This brings the number of Palestinians killed by Israeli forces during violent clashes in the West Banksince the beginning of 2017 to 19, of whom six were children.
By Rachel Bergen
Sept. 14, 2017
MCC is known for supporting access to education around the globe by paying school fees, supporting vocational training and providing school supplies. What you might not know is that MCC also works with its partners to improve the quality of education that is offered.
From teacher training to involving the community in school management, here are some examples of partners creatively improving education:
Is there a sight more beautiful than lush fields of green?
But fields need water and in Palestine, water is both the dilemma and the solution. The scarcity of water in the West Bank, particularly, has inspired us at ANERA to think creatively. Why not make use of a non-traditional source of water that just recently became available in Palestine—recycled wastewater?
In the context of Israel’s continued violation of patient rights, which are rooted in Israel’s Gaza closure policy, the Israeli authorities have arrested a Palestinian patient at Erez crossing. With total control over Gaza’s border crossings with Israel, the Israeli authorities use Erez crossing to regulate movement in and out of Gaza, with individuals—particularly patients—often detained, and sometimes ill-treated and coerced by Israeli security agents in exchange for crossing permits.