Democratic People's Republic of KoreaOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- DPR Korea Needs and Priorities March 2018
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea: “Very clear evidence of humanitarian need” – UN Humanitarian Chief
- DPR Korea: Floods and landslides Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRKP012
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (28 August - 3 September 2018)
- DPRK: Deadly heatwave threatening lives of children and elderly
Rupert Neudeck, founder of cap Anamur, is an outspoken critic of UN policy on food distribution to North Korea. He tells HAR why NGOs should avoid government funding
HAR: Cap Anamur took its name from the ship you sent to the South China Sea to rescue Vietnamese boat people and you have kept the name for over 20 years. Are there any other legacies from that time?
In those days we relied exclusively on backing from private German donors, and we want to continue being a pure NGO. We believe it is important to make a very clear distinction between the actions of governments and NGOs.