Democratic People's Republic of KoreaOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- Critical juncture for human rights in North Korea – UN expert
- DPR Korea: Typhoon Soulik - DREF Operation Update n° 2, DREF n° MDRKP011
- DPR Korea: Floods and landslides Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) update n° 1 DREF n° MDRKP012
- DPR Korea Needs and Priorities March 2018
- DPR Korea: Floods and landslides Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRKP012
At least 11 countries across Asia-Pacific experienced severe weather conditions due to El Niño.
In February, Tropical Cyclone Winston, the strongest cyclone recorded in the South Pacific, devastated Fiji.
In DPR Korea, 18million people are in need of some form of humanitarian assistance – 2016 response plan severely underfunded.
Tropical Storm Roanu triggers worst flooding in Sri Lanka in 25 years; preparedness actions mitigated loss of life in Bangladesh.