Democratic People's Republic of KoreaOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Most read (last 30 days)
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea: “Very clear evidence of humanitarian need” – UN Humanitarian Chief
- UN Humanitarian Chief to visit the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea 9-12 July 2018
- Red Cross tackles humanitarian needs in DPRK
- North Korea: UN expert says it’s time to end isolation and talk human rights
- United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator Mark Lowcock, Near verbatim transcript of the press briefing in Pyongyang, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, 11 July 2018
At least 11 countries across Asia-Pacific experienced severe weather conditions due to El Niño.
In February, Tropical Cyclone Winston, the strongest cyclone recorded in the South Pacific, devastated Fiji.
In DPR Korea, 18million people are in need of some form of humanitarian assistance – 2016 response plan severely underfunded.
Tropical Storm Roanu triggers worst flooding in Sri Lanka in 25 years; preparedness actions mitigated loss of life in Bangladesh.