Democratic People's Republic of KoreaOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- WFP DPR Korea Country Brief, January 2019
- DPR Korea Needs and Priorities March 2018
- FAO in the 2019 humanitarian appeal: Democratic People’s Republic of Korea - Needs and priorities 2019
- DPR Korea: Heat Wave Emergency Plan of Action Operation Update n° 2 DREF Operation n° MDRKP010
- DPRK: Deadly heatwave threatening lives of children and elderly
Item 72 (a) of the provisional agenda
Strengthening of the coordination of humanitarian and
disaster relief assistance of the United Nations, including
special economic assistance: strengthening of the coordination
Foreword: A year of challenges
It is my pleasure to present to you the 2008 Annual Report for the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF).
For the millions of people affected by natural disasters and conflict worldwide, 2008 was a year of enormous challenges. More than 211 million people were affected by natural disasters, with more than 238,000 killed and US$200 billion in damages, making 2008 one of the most devastating years in terms of human and material losses.