Democratic People's Republic of KoreaOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- DPRK: Deadly heatwave threatening lives of children and elderly
- WFP DPR Korea Country Brief, June 2018
- UNICEF DPR Korea Mid-Year Humanitarian Situation Report, 1 January-30 June 2018
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea: “Very clear evidence of humanitarian need” – UN Humanitarian Chief
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea: Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF Operation n° MDRKP010
This is the first consolidated presentation of the reported results of CERF funding, covering a full year of CERF allocations. As such, it serves as a pilot and will inform future CERF results reporting. This report was compiled on the basis of information provided by Resident Coordinators/Humanitarian Coordinators (RC/ HCs) and Humanitarian Country Teams (HCTs) in 66 consolidated reports covering the results of more than 450 CERF-funded projects.
2015 FUNDING OUTLOOK
"We are raising as much, or more, as we’ve ever raised. Our traditional donors are as generous as ever.
It’s that the number of crises is outpacing the generosity. We need those who have given to us to give more. And we need more donors to support the gap.” WFP Executive Director Ertharin Cousin, speaking in August 2015 to Philanthropy Age magazine.
Part I: Operational Requirements and Shortfalls
Overview of the 2007 Programme of Work
As the end of 2007 nears, the number of people the World Food Programme is seeking to support has risen to 83 million. The amount of food assistance required to assist these people is valued at US$3.4 billion. Considering resources mobilized thus far in 2007, the current level of funding falls short by some US$653 million.
Additional resources amounting to approximately US$800 million are required before the end of 2007 to ensure uninterrupted food aid deliveries for ongoing activities.