Democratic People's Republic of KoreaOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- DPRK: Deadly heatwave threatening lives of children and elderly
- WFP DPR Korea Country Brief, June 2018
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea: “Very clear evidence of humanitarian need” – UN Humanitarian Chief
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea: Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF Operation n° MDRKP010
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Heat Wave: Disaster Emergency Relief Fund (3 August 2018)
Iraq: 1.2 million people have been displaced by the ISIL June offensive and the Anbar crisis. Humanitarian access to militant-held areas remains a challenge. The security situation in Anbar, Ninevah, Salah al Din and Diyala is volatile and unpredictable. Host communities are facing difficulties assisting new IDPs and over 226,000 Syrian refugees.
Pakistan: The military offensive against the Taliban in North Waziristan has reportedly killed up to 30 Taliban and displaced at least 300,000 people to neighbouring provinces as well as Afghanistan.
In Syria, insurgents heightened their offensive to capture airports and air bases in Aleppo, leading to intense fighting across the province. In eastern Syria, rebels captured the town al-Shaddadeh after three days of fighting that left 130 people dead and forced some 40,000 people to flee the town. The number of Syrian refugees continued to rise, amounting to a total of 830,675, an increase of around 38,500 newly registered refugees or individuals awaiting registration in a week.
In Syria, opposition forces launched a coordinated offensive in the capital Damascus for two consecutive days on 6 February. Heavy fighting was also reported in Deir Al-Zor, Daraya, Aleppo and Homs. The number of Syrian refugees continued to rise over the past week, amounting to a total of 792,118, an increase of around 59,000 newly registered refugees or individuals awaiting registration compared to last week.