Democratic People's Republic of KoreaOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- WFP DPR Korea Country Brief, December 2018
- Critical juncture for human rights in North Korea – UN expert
- DPR Korea: Typhoon Soulik - DREF Operation Update n° 2, DREF n° MDRKP011
- DPR Korea: Floods and landslides Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) update n° 1 DREF n° MDRKP012
- DPR Korea Needs and Priorities March 2018
South Sudan: Ethnic violence which erupted in mid-December continues, with heavy fighting reported in the states of Jonglei and Unity, and sporadic clashes reported in Upper Nile and Central Equatoria. While numbers cannot be verified due to limited access, thousands of people have been killed or injured and reports indicate that civilians are being targeted in attacks, forcing an estimated 400,000 to flee, mostly internally.
(New York, 25 January 2012): The United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator (ERC), Valerie Amos, today announced the allocation of some US$104 million from the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) to bolster humanitarian operations in 13 neglected humanitarian emergencies around the world: Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Djibouti, Eritrea, Haiti, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Republic of Congo, South Sudan and Syria.