Democratic People's Republic of KoreaOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- European Union brings relief to victims of floods and landslides in Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- DPR Korea: Floods and landslides Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRKP012
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (28 August - 3 September 2018)
- DPR Korea Needs and Priorities March 2018
- DPRK: Deadly heatwave threatening lives of children and elderly
17 December 2010 - In his end-of-year "state of the world" news conference, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today called 2010 "a big year for the United Nations," with progress on issues from biodiversity to electoral support in Iraq and Afghanistan, but warned of challenges ahead in Sudan, the Middle East and other world flashpoints.
"Looking ahead, our challenge is to carry our progress forward," he said of the agenda for 2011, which he will lay out more fully next month. "Resources are tighter. Demands on the UN are growing.