Democratic People's Republic of KoreaOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- European Union brings relief to victims of floods and landslides in Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- DPR Korea: Floods and landslides Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRKP012
- DPR Korea Needs and Priorities March 2018
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (28 August - 3 September 2018)
- DPRK: Deadly heatwave threatening lives of children and elderly
Power of humanity
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesman Ron Redmond - to whom quoted text may be attributed - at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
Rome, September 2001
Extracts from FAO/GIEWS Food Outlook No. 1, 2001
World cereal output in 2000 is provisionally estimated at 1 852 million tonnes, up slightly from the forecast in November. The forecast for global cereal utilization has also been adjusted upward to 1 909 million tonnes. The shortfall in production will have to be met by a significant drawdown of global cereal stocks.