Democratic People's Republic of KoreaOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Most read (last 30 days)
- Human Rights are key to progress in North Korea talks, says UN expert
- DPRK: Training increases awareness of blast trauma management
- UN chief ‘optimistic’ over peace efforts to denuclearize Korean Peninsula
- Executive Director Concludes Visit to WFP Operations in DPR Korea
- Executive Director to visit WFP Operations in DPR Korea
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesman Ron Redmond - to whom quoted text may be attributed - at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
New documents available on the EHA website (http://www.who.int/eha/disasters)
- Weekly Update on Afghanistan, 2, 9 and 16 March
- Kosovo Health Talks, n. 40 (Federal Republic of Yugoslavia)
- Health in the North Caucasus. Newsletter on Humanitarian Health Assistance, February
- Montenegro Health Talks n. 1 and 2, January and February (Federal Republic of Yugoslavia)
- Situation in Mozambique, Situation reports n.
Rome, September 2001
Extracts from FAO/GIEWS Food Outlook No. 1, 2001
World cereal output in 2000 is provisionally estimated at 1 852 million tonnes, up slightly from the forecast in November. The forecast for global cereal utilization has also been adjusted upward to 1 909 million tonnes. The shortfall in production will have to be met by a significant drawdown of global cereal stocks.