Democratic People's Republic of KoreaOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Most read (last 30 days)
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea: “Very clear evidence of humanitarian need” – UN Humanitarian Chief
- UN Humanitarian Chief to visit the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea 9-12 July 2018
- Red Cross tackles humanitarian needs in DPRK
- North Korea: UN expert says it’s time to end isolation and talk human rights
- United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator Mark Lowcock, Near verbatim transcript of the press briefing in Pyongyang, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, 11 July 2018
Rome, December 2001
Latest information indicates a slightly
larger global cereal output in 2001, of 1 870 million tonnes (including
rice in milled terms). However, even at this level, production would still
be less than the anticipated utilization requirements in 2001/02, leading
to a significant draw-down of cereal stocks.
While Afghanistan currently faces a grave food supply situation, food emergencies persist in many other countries (see box on page 6).
Power of humanity
Rome, October 2001
This Programme Update is intended for reporting on Annual Appeals.
Period covered: 1 January - 30 June 2001
Appeal Target CHF 3,380,971
"At a Glance"
Appeal coverage: 61.7%
Outstanding needs: CHF 1,295,848
Rome, April 2001
Period covered: 1 July - 31 December 2000