Democratic People's Republic of KoreaOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- WFP DPR Korea Country Brief, December 2018
- Critical juncture for human rights in North Korea – UN expert
- DPR Korea: Typhoon Soulik - DREF Operation Update n° 2, DREF n° MDRKP011
- DPR Korea Needs and Priorities March 2018
- DPR Korea: Floods and landslides Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) update n° 1 DREF n° MDRKP012
Rome, December 2001
Latest information indicates a slightly
larger global cereal output in 2001, of 1 870 million tonnes (including
rice in milled terms). However, even at this level, production would still
be less than the anticipated utilization requirements in 2001/02, leading
to a significant draw-down of cereal stocks.
While Afghanistan currently faces a grave food supply situation, food emergencies persist in many other countries (see box on page 6).
(A) West and Central Asia: (1) Regional overview, (2) Afghanistan, (3) Pakistan, (4) Iran, (5) Tajikistan
(1) Regional overview
This paper is based on the coordinated views of analysts and experts from agencies across the federal government. It was produced by the National Intelligence Council under the auspices of David F. Gordon, National Intelligence Officer for Economics and Global Issues.Queries should be addressed to Dr. Gordon at the National Intelligence Council.
Information available as of 15 August 2001 was used in preparing this report.