Democratic People's Republic of KoreaOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- Critical juncture for human rights in North Korea – UN expert
- DPR Korea: Typhoon Soulik - DREF Operation Update n° 2, DREF n° MDRKP011
- DPR Korea: Floods and landslides Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) update n° 1 DREF n° MDRKP012
- DPR Korea Needs and Priorities March 2018
- DPR Korea: Floods and landslides Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRKP012
7 March 2018
A few days ago, we celebrated the centenary year of Nelson Mandela’s birth. We spoke of his example; his fortitude, his suffering and compassion, while recalling also the declaration that he and my predecessor Mary Robinson signed in 2000 on diversity and tolerance.
WMO report highlights impacts on human safety, well-being and environment
6 November 2017 (WMO) - It is very likely that 2017 will be one of the three hottest years on record, with many high-impact events including catastrophic hurricanes and floods, debilitating heatwaves and drought. Long-term indicators of climate change such as increasing carbon dioxide concentrations, sea level rise and ocean acidification continue unabated. Arctic sea ice coverage remains below average and previously stable Antarctic sea ice extent was at or near a record low.
Un rapport de l'OMM met en évidence les répercussions sur la santé humaine, la qualité de vie et l'environnement
21 septembre 2017 – Seuls 15 pays dans le monde disposent des trois politiques nationales de base qui contribuent à garantir que les parents disposent du temps et des ressources nécessaires pour soutenir le développement cérébral sain de leurs jeunes enfants, selon un nouveau rapport du Fonds des Nations Unies pour l'enfance (UNICEF) publié jeudi.
Only 15 countries worldwide have three essential national policies that support families with young children – UNICEF
New report says around 85 million children under five live in 32 countries that do not offer families two years of free pre-primary education; paid breastfeeding breaks for new mothers for the first six months; and adequate paid parental leave – three critical policies to support children’s early brain development
Portugal – Forest fire
• A forest fire broke out in the municipality of Gouveia in the district of Guarda, central-northern Portugal, on 10 August. The fire is located near the civil parish of Aldeias e Mangualde da Serra. As of early 12 August, it was still active and nearly 400 firefighting personnel was involved in the extinguishing effort.
• According to EFFIS, the fire burnt an area of approx. 1,243 ha (as of 11 August).