- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 8 | September 2017
- UNICEF Philippines Humanitarian Situation Update, 23 August 2017
- WFP Philippines Country Brief, July 2017
Appeals & Funding
- National Disaster Risk Reduction & Management Council (NDRRMC)
- Dept of Social Welfare and Development: Virtual OpCen
- PAGASA (Philippines Atmospheric, Geophysical & Astronomical Services Administration)
- Philippine National Disaster Response Pillar
- Food Security Cluster: the Philippines
- Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process
- Human Rights Watch: Philippines - Events of 2016
- Philippines: Earthquakes - Jul 2017
- Philippines: Earthquakes - Feb 2017
- Philippines: Floods and Landslides - Jan 2017
- Typhoon Nock-ten - Dec 2016
- Typhoon Haima - Oct 2016
- Typhoon Sarika - Oct 2016
- Philippines: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2016
- Tropical Depression Twenty-Nine - Dec 2015
- Typhoon Melor - Dec 2015
- Typhoon Koppu - Oct 2015
Human Rights Council 36th session
Opening Statement by Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein, United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
11 September 2017
Distinguished President of the Council,
As I enter the final year of my current mandate – a year which I will discharge with vigour and determination – I wish to begin with a few short reflections drawn from the past three years.
Progress Achieved to Protect Children in Past 20-Years Threaten by Ongoing Crisis - UN Special Representative for Children and Armed Conflict Annual Report to General Assembly
Attacks on Schools and Denial of Humanitarian Access Particularly Worrisome in 2016
477 Cholera vaccines: WHO position paper – August 2017
498 Monthly report on dracunculiasis cases, January-June 2017
477 Vaccins anticholériques: Note de synthèse de l’OMS – août 2017
498 Rapport mensuel des cas de dracunculose, janvier-juin 2017
Note by the Secretary-General
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the members of the General Assembly the joint report of the Special Rapporteur on the sale and sexual exploitation of children, including child prostitution, child pornography and other child sexual abuse material, Maud de Boer-Buquicchio, and the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, Maria Grazia Giammarinaro, submitted in accordance with General Assembly resolution 71/177 and Human Rights Council resolutions 34/16 and 35/5.
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available from open sources. All decisions made on the basis of, or with consideration to, such information remains the responsibility of respective organisations.
Central African Republic
Community Approaches to Total Sanitation (CATS) aim to achieve 100 per cent open defecation free (ODF) communities through affordable, appropriate technology and behaviour change. Some of the key principles guiding CATS are:
• An emphasis on the sustained use of sanitation facilities by every community member, rather than simply the construction of infrastructure.
• The safe disposal of infant and young children’s faeces in toilets.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 69 countries in the second quarter of 2017 (April to June). The maps on pages 6–7 provide impact analysis dis-aggregated to sub-national level.
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available in open sources.
EN DEUDA CON LA NIÑEZ
Al menos 700 millones de niños y niñas en el mundo —y probablemente cientos de millones más— han dejado de disfrutar de su niñez demasiado temprano. Esto se debe a una variedad de causas, como enfermedades, conflictos, la violencia extrema, el matrimonio infantil, el embarazo precoz, la malnutrición, la exclusión de la educación y el trabajo infantil.
DES ENFANCES VOLÉES
Au moins 700 millions d’enfants à travers le monde (et sans doute des centaines de millions d’autres) sortent de l’enfance trop tôt. Les principales raisons incluent les problèmes de santé, les conflits, la violence extrême, le mariage des enfants, les grossesses précoces, la malnutrition, la privation d’éducation et le travail des enfants.
For at least 700 million children worldwide – and perhaps hundreds of millions more – childhood has ended too soon. The major reasons included poor health, confl ict, extreme violence, child marriage, early pregnancy, malnutrition, exclusion from education and child labor.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 70 countries in the first quarter of 2017 (January to March).1 The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
Are you looking for PSEA Networks at country levels ?
Three SEA coordination mechanisms exist in CAR: HCT, UNCT, and SRSG/MINUSCA. Common actors bridge the task-forces at both senior and technical levels i.e. HC, DHC, UNHCR, UNFPA, UNICEF. (HCT) PSEA Task Force