OCHA - Situation Report - Highlights ()
- Anticipatory Action Framework Philippines, 2021-2022: https://reliefweb.int/report/philippines/anticipatory-action-framework-philippines-2021-2022
- Typhoon Vamco and Super Typhoon Goni Online Monitoring Dashboard: https://roap.data.unocha.org/country/philippines/hnp/2020/
- UN, humanitarian partners released updated Super Typhoon Goni and Typhoon Vamco (Ulysses) Humanitarian Needs and Priorities to aid 278K severely affected vulnerable population
- Typhoon Vamco (Ulysses) lashed Luzon on 11-12 November, whipping destructive winds and dumping torrential rainfall triggering extensive flooding
- Super Typhoon Goni (local name Rolly) left a trail of extensive damage after sweeping across southern Luzon on 1 November 2020
COVID-19 in the Philippines
First, do no harm: conflict sensitivity in Marawi City When a disaster strikes, aid interventions can have unintended consequences, and lead to social tensions and ultimately more violence – even in...
MANILA, 7 October 2021--The United Nations (UN) Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator in the Philippines, Gustavo Gonzalez, announced a contribution of over P380M from the UN Central Emergency...
Introduction The humanitarian sector has been discussing localisation for over 25 years. The World Humanitarian Summit, the Agenda for Humanity, and the launch of the Grand Bargain in 2016 were major...