- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Government of Pakistan launches US$37 million UNDP-supported project to protect some 30 million people from dangerous glacial lake outburst floods and other climate change impacts
- Aga Khan Agency for Habitat and World Food Programme work to build capacity in disaster preparedness and response
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (10 - 16 June 2018)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #3, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Security Council Press Statement on Terrorist Attack in Mastung, Pakistan, 14 July 2018
Trafficking in persons, also known as modern slavery or human trafficking, is a crime involving the exploitation of someone for the purposes of compelled labor or a commercial sex act through the use of force, fraud, or coercion. Where a person younger than 18 is induced to perform a commercial sex act, it is a crime regardless of whether there is any force, fraud, or coercion. Victims can be anyone from around the world or right next door: women and men, adults and children, citizens and noncitizens alike.
Asylum seekers and other migrants are arriving in Europe and encountering rapidly changing border controls as they seek transit through Europe. The EU is implementing its “hotspot” approach for new arrival registration in Italy and Greece. This is a snapshot of the situation based on available unclassified data as of March 4, 2016.
There is no High School For Girls in Tehsil Allai District Batagram
Asylum seekers and other migrants are arriving in Europe and encountering rapidly changing border controls as they seek transit through Europe. The EU has begun implementing its “hotspot” approach for new arrival registration in Italy and Greece, while efforts to increase reception and temporary shelter capacity in Balkan states continue. This is a snapshot of the situation based on available data as of December 14, 2015.
According to the Council decision on 22/09, 66 000 out of 120,000 persons will be relocated from Italy and Greece (15,600 from Italy and 50,400 from Greece). The remaining 54,000 persons will be relocated from Italy and Greece in the same proportion after one year of the entry into force of the decision.
ECHO contribution in the Western Balkans
QUETTA: About 33 per cent of children in Balochistan, aged between six and 16, are out of school and student competency in learning English and Arithmetic is deplorable, says a survey report.
The report on the status of education in Balochistan during the year 2014 compiled by the Annual Status of Education Reporter (Aser) Pakistan, an NGO, was launched at a seminar here on Thursday.
Military operations (ongoing since June 2014) in North Waziristan Agency (NWA) in Pakistan have led to the displacement of thousands of people to surrounding districts in Paktika and Khost provinces in Afghanistan. As of 29 October 2014, 33,481 displaced families had been assessed. Response is ongoing based on an estimated 27,000 families in need of humanitarian assistance.
• The conflict in North Waziristan Agency (NWA) in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (F.A.T.A.) continues to displace very large numbers of people into the neighbouring districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, as well as in Khost and Paktika in neighbouring Afghanistan.