- ADB: Climate Change Profile of Pakistan, 24 Aug 2017
- WFP Pakistan Country Brief, July 2017
- UNICEF Pakistan: Humanitarian Situation Report, 1 January – 30 June 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - South Asia
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Countrywide Conflict Displacement
As of 15 October, a total of 286,918 people were displaced due to conflict in Afghanistan. This is up by more than 20,000 people compared to the previous week. The provinces sheltering the highest numbers of IDPs are Nangarhar (34,872), Kunduz (28,427), Badghis (24,625) and Baghlan (18,788).
GHALANAI: At least 2,400 patients among them 879 females have been examined in free medical camps organized in parts of Mohmand Agency to facilitate and provide free medicines to tribesmen.
During these camps, deserving and vulnerable communities of tribal agency were beneficiaries of 10 days long medical camp and it was organized by Pakistan Red Crescent FATA Branch. Political administration provided full proof security to medical staff.
Following a series of attacks leaving seven staff members of ICRC dead, the organization reduces its footprint in Afghanistan after three decades of continuous presence.
Displacement in Afghanistan surpasses a quarter of a million people from January to September.
Polio vaccinators were unable to reach more than 130,000 girls and boys due to conflict and lack of humanitarian access.
Regressive Step by Parliament on International Day of the Girl
KARACHI: Health Department of Sindh has finalized all the arrangements regarding the recent heat wave in the city and established special units in 13 hospitals to provide better treatment to the victims of heatstroke.
The health experts advised the elderly people, children and those who are suffering from other disease should avoid travelling the in the sun because of the heat.
They added that those who were affected by a heatstroke needs to take a cold bath immediately and prevent themselves from more sun exposure.
1,138 undocumented Afghans returned from Pakistan
8,708 undocumented Afghans returned from Iran
88,838 total returns from Pakistan since 01 Jan 2017
288,007 total returns from Iran since 01 Jan 2017
89% of returnees from Pakistan (1,010 individuals) assisted
13% of returnees from Iran (1,164 individuals) assisted
Highlights and Statistics
- UNHCR and partners observed a continued rise of new arrivals, when they assisted 272 new asylum-seekers (compared to 188 last week), mostly Yasidi or Kurdish families from Iraq (below chart refers).
- On 08 October, 4,361 new refugees, asylum-seekers and migrants were counted in Serbia, of which 3,888 were housed in 18 governmental centres (please see also the Joint Assessment of Government Centres).
New on polioeradication.org: Expanding Social Mobilization Approaches To Protect Every Last Child.
PESHAWAR: In response to recently reported polio case from Lakki Marwat (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), three days anti polio vaccination campaign in its bordering and nearby polio high risk areas of FATA will start today on Monday, under the supervision and security provided by agency surgeons, political agents, commissioners and armed forces.
This three days anti-polio vaccination campaign in FR Lakki, FR Bannu, FR Tank, FR D.I. Khan and South Waziristan Agency will continue from October 9, 2017 to October 11, 2017, followed by catch up of missed children.
5 October 2017 – More than 260 million children, adolescents and youth are out of school around the world, according to the United Nations. Despite some progress in achieving gender equality in the world’s poorest countries, far more girls than boys still do not have access to a quality education,
Islamabad: "Our Sehat Muhafiz have brought us so close to polio eradication that we cannot afford to relax hence me and leadership of EOC have come out to support our valiant teams for getting rid of this disease completely" said Prime Minister's Focal Person (PMFP), Senator Ayesha Raza Farooq during her surprise visit to monitor the polio campaign here in Islamabad.