- ADB: Climate Change Profile of Pakistan, 24 Aug 2017
- WFP Pakistan Country Brief, July 2017
- UNICEF Pakistan: Humanitarian Situation Report, 1 January – 30 June 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - South Asia
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
1,106 undocumented Afghans returned from Pakistan
13,189 undocumented Afghans returned from Iran
89,944 total returns from Pakistan since 01 Jan 2017
301,196 total returns from Iran since 01 Jan 2017
91% of returnees from Pakistan (1,009 individuals) assisted
6% of returnees from Iran (799 individuals) assisted
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
KARACHI: Health Department of Sindh has finalized all the arrangements regarding the recent heat wave in the city and established special units in 13 hospitals to provide better treatment to the victims of heatstroke.
The health experts advised the elderly people, children and those who are suffering from other disease should avoid travelling the in the sun because of the heat.
They added that those who were affected by a heatstroke needs to take a cold bath immediately and prevent themselves from more sun exposure.
Arrivals in the Mediterranean from 01 January until 30 June 2017 total 102,847 (Greece, Italy, Spain and Cyprus, including arrivals to the Canary Islands and by land to Spain). This compares to 231,075 for the same period in 2016. In the first half of the year, 9,286 persons arrived in Greece by sea (158,377 arrived during same period in 2016, a decrease by 94%).