- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read reports
- Pakistan: Surge in Militant Attacks on Schools
- Asia Briefing N°150 - Shaping a New Peace in Pakistan’s Tribal Areas
- Pakistan: KP Tribal District Returns Update (from 01 March to 31 July 2018) - Humanitarian Snapshot
- CM appreciates armed forces efforts for restoring peace
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (5 - 11 Aug 2018)
“The fact that no new cases of wild poliovirus have been detected in Nigeria points to the improved surveillance and rapid response protocols Rotary and its Global Polio Eradication Initiative partners have established, particularly in insecure and inaccessible areas,” said Michael K. McGovern, chair of Rotary’s International PolioPlus Committee. “While this progress is promising, it’s time to redouble our efforts so we can continue to maintain the political and financial support necessary to end polio for good.”
In recent years, Pakistan has become a food surplus country and a major producer of wheat and rice. However, the poorest and most vulnerable members of the population cannot afford a sufficient and nutritious diet despite the overall growth in food production.
New UK aid package will help governments in developing countries stamp out corruption and improve accountability.
A new UK aid package will help governments in developing countries stamp out corruption and improve accountability, Minister of State for International Development Harriett Baldwin announced yesterday (Thursday 19 July).
It is estimated that up to £2 trillion is lost globally to corruption every year, which reduces the amount that governments can invest in vital services such as healthcare and education.
ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN (16 July 2018) — The Embassy of Switzerland in Pakistan and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed an agreement today to support the National Disaster Risk Management Fund (NDRMF), recently established by the Government of Pakistan to finance investments in disaster risk reduction and preparedness that have high economic impact.
Nearly 380,000 undocumented Afghans return from Iran and Pakistan
Drought conditions in Badghis, Ghor, and Herat affected more than 22,400 people from January to mid-June
USG provides more than $76 million in FY 2018 assistance to respond to acute needs across Afghanistan
GoP votes to merge FATA into KPk
Relief actors prepare for June–August monsoon season
USAID/FFP provides $10 million in new funding for emergency food assistance to vulnerable households
KEY DEVELOPMENTS ￼￼￼￼￼
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid1 , and in particular Article 2, Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
Having regard to Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the European Union ('Overseas Association Decision')2 , and in particular Article 79 thereof,
More than three decades of war, sustained flows of returnees, civil unrest, insurgent activity and recurring natural disasters have contributed to chronic humanitarian need in Afghanistan. As of early June, nearly 117,000 people are internally displaced due to conflict, more than 326,200 undocumented Afghans have returned from Iran and Pakistan, and approximately 10,000 people have migrated due to drought in 2018, according to the UN.
ABU DHABI, 3rd June, 2018 (WAM) -- The value of relief and humanitarian programmes that were implemented due to the directives of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, through the Emirates Red Crescent, ERC, from 1993 to 2003, reached AED1.8 billion, which benefited 21 countries, while its developmental projects, valued at AED595.7 million benefitted Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan and Kosovo.
In recent years, Pakistan has become a food surplus country and a major producer of wheat and rice. Following three consecutive years of good harvests, food availability is relatively stable, according to the UN. However, the poorest and most vulnerable members of the population cannot afford a sufficient and nutritious diet despite the overall growth in food production.
• Two million people at risk of becoming severely food insecure due to the ongoing drought.
• Humanitarian partners need US$115 million to respond to the needs of the 1.4 million most vulnerable people hit by the drought.
• REACH study sheds light on stark living conditions and lack of services in areas under control of armed groups.
• Health professionals call for universal access to health care on 7 April for World Health Day.
• Qatar is a new donor to the CHF-Afghanistan with a $2 million contribution
Islamabad – 15 May, 2018: The United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID) will provide £ 17.25 million to the United Nations (UN) in Pakistan to implement a five-year (2018-22) programme, AAWAZ II, which will Empower and Protect Pakistan’s Youth, Women, Girls and Boys who are too often exploited and too often left behind.
Contributions to WHO and UNICEF will help end polio in Afghanistan, and fund global eradication efforts.
Last month, Canada signed a generous pledge of Can$ 100 million to help eradicate polio in Afghanistan as well as in the two other endemic countries, Nigeria and Pakistan, and to continue to protect many polio-free countries. The pledge was announced by the Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of International Development and La Francophonie, at the 2017 Rotary International Convention in Atlanta.
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, 6th May, 2018 (WAM) -- The UAE and Pakistan have signed a US$200 million cooperation agreement to execute Phase III of the UAE Pakistan Assistance Programme (UAE PAP).