- ADB: Climate Change Profile of Pakistan, 24 Aug 2017
- WFP Pakistan Country Brief, July 2017
- UNICEF Pakistan: Humanitarian Situation Report, 1 January – 30 June 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - South Asia
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Food insecurity is rife across Afghanistan, with an estimated 1.6 million people anticipated to suffer from a severe lack of food in 2017. Conflict perpetuates limited food availability country-wide, whilst unemployment and overcrowding affect food access. Contributing to this hardship is the **ever increasing number of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and returnees from Pakistan joining already saturated informal settlements** across the country.
Following the successive implementation of new border restrictions by Croatia, Serbia and the Former Yugolav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) in the latter half of February, the migration* flow to the EU through the Western Balkans corridor has been officially closed since 20 March, when the EU-Turkey Plan came into force.
This document summarizes key findings from data collected between 1-24 January 2016, drawing on primary data from group interviews with migrants* and analysis of mainstream and social media.
During the past three months, the Greek islands have seen an unprecedented increase in the influx of Syrian asylum seekers. UNHCR estimates that in July alone, Greece has received 50,242 new arrivals, more than the total number of asylum seekers arriving in 2014 (43,200 people). Once in Greece people travel to other European countries via Athens and Thessaloniki; from where they cross the border into Macedonia and continue up the Balkans to the rest of the EU. Most people primarily hope to reach Germany, with Sweden and Austria as second options.