- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read reports
- UNHCR Pakistan Factsheet - July 2018
- Pakistan: Surge in Militant Attacks on Schools
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees Registration Update | As of 31st July, 2018
- Pakistan: Overview of Afghan Refugee Population and UNHCR Operational Presence | As of 31st July, 2018
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugee Update - As of 31st July, 2018
Pakistan suffers from political instability, the constant threat of war with its larger neighbour India and the overspill of conflict from Afghanistan.
This staunchly Islamic country of 184 million people is also prone to large-scale natural disasters, including earthquakes, floods and drought.
A strong earthquake struck northern Pakistan in 2005, killing more than 75,000 people.
It caused massive damage to buildings, roads and bridges and left three million homeless just as winter was setting in.