- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #1, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Afghan refugees likely to get sixth extension in their stay
- UAE provided 43 million Pakistani children with polio vaccine by end of 2017
- Active USG Programs for the Pakistan Response (Last Updated 01/10/18)
- Landmark Contribution From China Enables WFP To Assist 158,000 People In Pakistan
Pakistan suffers from political instability, the constant threat of war with its larger neighbour India and the overspill of conflict from Afghanistan.
This staunchly Islamic country of 184 million people is also prone to large-scale natural disasters, including earthquakes, floods and drought.
A strong earthquake struck northern Pakistan in 2005, killing more than 75,000 people.
It caused massive damage to buildings, roads and bridges and left three million homeless just as winter was setting in.