Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Measles cases on the rise in several districts in Sindh
- Is Karachi ready to fight the next big heatwave?
- Gilgit-Baltistan partnership in disaster risk management: key effort in enabling mountain people understand and respond to consequences of climate change
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (18 - 24 March 2018)
- Pakistan: KP and FATA - Areas of Displacement, Hosting and Returns as of 28 February 2018
Pakistan suffers from political instability, the constant threat of war with its larger neighbour India and the overspill of conflict from Afghanistan.
This staunchly Islamic country of 184 million people is also prone to large-scale natural disasters, including earthquakes, floods and drought.
A strong earthquake struck northern Pakistan in 2005, killing more than 75,000 people.
It caused massive damage to buildings, roads and bridges and left three million homeless just as winter was setting in.