- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #1, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Afghan refugees likely to get sixth extension in their stay
- UAE provided 43 million Pakistani children with polio vaccine by end of 2017
- Active USG Programs for the Pakistan Response (Last Updated 01/10/18)
- Landmark Contribution From China Enables WFP To Assist 158,000 People In Pakistan
Last week 250 independent wheat flour millers in Pakistan’s province of Punjab voluntarily committed to start fortifying their flour.
The commitment, made at a seminar organised by the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) and the Pakistan Flour Mills Association (PFMA) in collaboration with the Pakistan Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (PCSIR), follows a previous move by 34 Punjab flour mills earlier this year to also start voluntarily fortifying their flour.
GAIN’s work in improving nutrition in Pakistan received a massive boost today with the announcement that the state of Punjab is making the fortification of wheat flour mandatory.
This success comes as a result of the Punjab Food Authority, part of the Government of Punjab, approving standards for wheat flour fortification.