- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan: Polio Update - May 2018
- The Impact of Explosive Violence on Students and Education in Kashmir
- Pakistan’s Climate Resilience Receives Boost with World Bank Support for Water, Environment and Cities
- First ever national food security policy launched
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (10 - 16 June 2018)
Leaders Gather in Jeddah for World Malaria Day; Call for Increased Investment to Save Lives & Advance Development Efforts
The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation has delivered one hundred housing units, a school, a health center and a mosque to the people of the D. G. Khan village in Multan, Punjab Province, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. The handover ceremony was held for the D. G. Khan villagers, affected by the disastrous floods that hit Pakistan in the summer of 2010, in the presence of OIC representatives, the Pakistani government, and officials from the OIC Member States.
The OIC Contact Group Meeting on Jammu and Kashmir reaffirmed its principled support to the people of Jammu and Kashmir for the realization of their legitimate right to self-determination, in accordance with the relevant UN resolutions and aspiration of the Kashmiri people. The meeting, which took place on 26 September 2012 on the sidelines of the 67th Session of the United Nations General Assembly, emphasized the need for full respect of human rights as well as the importance of taking all requisite steps to provide relief and comfort to the Kashmiris.
The Secretary General of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), Prof. Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, made on 18 September 2011, an urgent appeal to all OIC Member States and humanitarian institutions to provide urgent support for the Pakistani people affected by the recurrent floods.
The Secretary General of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), Professor Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, has strongly condemned the horrendous terrorist attack against a mosque in North-Western Pakistan, on Friday 19th August 2011, in which more than 40 people were reportedly killed and dozens of other innocent worshippers in the mosque injured. The Secretary General expressed his shock and dismay at the horrific attack that targeted worshippers praying in a holy place during the sacred month of Ramadan.