Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Measles cases on the rise in several districts in Sindh
- Pakistan Needs Global Climate Funds to Combat Shifting Weather Patterns
- Is Karachi ready to fight the next big heatwave?
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (18 - 24 March 2018)
- Gilgit-Baltistan partnership in disaster risk management: key effort in enabling mountain people understand and respond to consequences of climate change
Istanbul, Turkey 1 December 2017 The fifth meeting of the Quadripartite Steering Committee chaired by the Government of Afghanistan was held in Istanbul. Turkey on 1 December 2017. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss developments in the implementation of the Solutions Strategy for Afghan Refugees (SSAR) to Support Voluntary Repatriation and Sustainable Reintegration and Assistance to Host Countries, and to endorse the framework for SSAR for 2018-2019.
The Desert Locust joint survey in the spring breeding areas of the I.R. Iran and Pakistan has been undertaken on annual basis since 1995. The present survey of 2017 under report was the 23rd survey within the framework of the FAO Commission for Controlling the Desert Locust in South-West Asia (SWAC).
In view of security concerns in the survey area of Baluchistan in Pakistan since 2009, two options were discussed for the joint survey in the 30th Session of SWAC held in Islamabad, Pakistan on 12–14 December 2016: