- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #1, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Afghan refugees likely to get sixth extension in their stay
- UAE provided 43 million Pakistani children with polio vaccine by end of 2017
- Active USG Programs for the Pakistan Response (Last Updated 01/10/18)
- Landmark Contribution From China Enables WFP To Assist 158,000 People In Pakistan
TORONTO / November 29, 2005 -- Generous public support, and matching funds from the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), mean DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE can once more increase aid to victims of the October 8, 2005 earthquake that struck Pakistan, India and Afghanistan.
DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE is sending $1 million to support two new emergency aid projects in Pakistan.
TORONTO / November 10, 2005 - Thanks to generous public support following last month's earthquake in Asia, DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE is increasing aid to disaster victims in Pakistan and India. The organization is sending $200,000 to each country (for a total of $400,000) to provide shelter and meet basic needs for 9,500 families.
Reconstruction in Pakistan
In Pakistan, emergency and long-term aid is being given to 5,500 families: (i) 5,000 rural families who chose to rebuild their homes rather than leave their villages; (ii) 500 families who were sent to hospitals in urban centres, …
TORONTO / October 9, 2005 - DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE is sending an initial contribution of $100,000 to aid victims of the powerful earthquake that struck Pakistan, Afghanistan and northern India early yesterday morning, and it is accepting donations from the public to purchase additional food, clothing, water and many other basic necessities.