- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Government of Pakistan launches US$37 million UNDP-supported project to protect some 30 million people from dangerous glacial lake outburst floods and other climate change impacts
- Aga Khan Agency for Habitat and World Food Programme work to build capacity in disaster preparedness and response
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #3, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Security Council Press Statement on Terrorist Attack in Mastung, Pakistan, 14 July 2018
- Swiss Embassy, ADB Sign Agreement to Support National Disaster Risk Management Fund
TORONTO / November 29, 2005 -- Generous public support, and matching funds from the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), mean DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE can once more increase aid to victims of the October 8, 2005 earthquake that struck Pakistan, India and Afghanistan.
DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE is sending $1 million to support two new emergency aid projects in Pakistan.
TORONTO / November 10, 2005 - Thanks to generous public support following last month's earthquake in Asia, DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE is increasing aid to disaster victims in Pakistan and India. The organization is sending $200,000 to each country (for a total of $400,000) to provide shelter and meet basic needs for 9,500 families.
Reconstruction in Pakistan
In Pakistan, emergency and long-term aid is being given to 5,500 families: (i) 5,000 rural families who chose to rebuild their homes rather than leave their villages; (ii) 500 families who were sent to hospitals in urban centres, …
TORONTO / October 9, 2005 - DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE is sending an initial contribution of $100,000 to aid victims of the powerful earthquake that struck Pakistan, Afghanistan and northern India early yesterday morning, and it is accepting donations from the public to purchase additional food, clothing, water and many other basic necessities.