Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
The following report is based on Dr. Leila
Richards' field visit to Pakistan and Afghanistan from 15 April through
2 May. During this visit she traveled with AFSC's Field Representative
for Southeast Asia, Hadi Azimi.
General situation in Pakistan
by Leila Richards
San Francisco Chronicle
Sunday, March 31, 2002
The following report is based on a five-day visit to Quetta, Pakistan (February 5-9) made by Leila Richards, AFSC's Regional Coordinator for Central Asia, and Hadi Azimi, AFSC's Field Representative for Afghanistan.
Time of transition
Emergency humanitarian assistance to Afghan refugees and displaced families has been a major component ofAFSC's response to the events of September 11. Within the United States, the Quaker community has responded by sending blankets that will be shipped to Afghani-stan and distributed with help of several humanitarian organizations.