- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #1, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Afghan refugees likely to get sixth extension in their stay
- UAE provided 43 million Pakistani children with polio vaccine by end of 2017
- GIEWS Country Brief: Pakistan 19-January-2018
- Active USG Programs for the Pakistan Response (Last Updated 01/10/18)
The Pakistani military has been repeatedly accused of gross human rights violations, including detainee torture and extrajudicial killings, during its operations against militants in Pakistan. As the military faces funding cuts from the United States under the Leahy Amendment, the Pakistani government must examine the root cause of such transgressions: the lack of an alternative, efficient, and just means by which to ensure that suspected militants are permanently removed from the fighting arena.
HONOLULU (Oct. 13) -- Major lessons can be learned from the recent earthquake that shook Pakistan and Kashmir leaving tens-of-thousands of people dead, and estimates as high as two million homeless just ahead of the harsh Himalayan winter.
Pointing this out, Dr.